“Fantastic night out”

Ranked #137 of 2,099 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai, British, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An easy going restaurant/bar. Take your time and chill over a coffee, fruit shake, ice cream, baquette or try our delicious Thai or western main courses. We will always give you some good travel advise with no fee's, commission or strings attached. If you want to mingle with the locals then pop in for the busy weekly specials: Our quiz night on Tuesdays, fish & chips Fridays or our roast dinner from midday on Sundays.
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic night out”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We didn't have a chance to eat at Archer's but they also offer a "bucket" in the sense that you get a bucket of ice, Songserm and two bottles of pop for a very reasonable price, especially considering that it's located very close to the main stretch of bars that sell the same for twice as much. The bar is small, but extremely personable. Quiet enough to hear each other speak, but lively enough to meet other backpackers and exchange stories. We ended up being one of the last people to leave at night and had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Archer himself, who turned out to be a very interesting (if cynical) British man with great debating skills. Count yourself lucky if you stumble upon Archer's as we did (or just seek it out yourself).

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Breakfast of Champions”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

They serve up one of the best western breakfasts I've had anywhere in the past six months in Asia. They have the key ingredients of perfection, namely...

1. Real coffee
2. Crispy bacon
3. Fat pork sausages
4. HP brown sauce

Honestly try the breakfast here, of you have had better let me know!

Also, they have possibly the biggest dog I've ever seen in my life here. (If the owner reads this, I'm sorry for calling her a boy)

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great to return to CM and find Archers”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really great to return to CM and find Archers still open. Many of the other establishments had changed hands or closed and this little place had only made a few changes to the menu and decor. Good food, very reasonably priced and a friendly few locals to boot. Try the baguettes and the breakfast is the best I found for the price.

Chiang Mai
“Disappointing to say the least!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A good restaurant can and should duplicate your previous dining experience. THATS WHY CUSTOMERS GO BACK! Alas, Archers did not come up to speed on my 2nd visit. My meal was without gravy or "cracklin" with the pork and the Yorkshire pud was delivered after I had finished my meal - no big issue until my mate who ordered ten minutes after me - recieved everything I didn't (together). A lady at the next table complained that the Beef was blood rare and while the owner and staff were not looking, fed the red meat to the large dog that roams the premise. The meals are still great value but consistancy of the meal and service detracts. Will proably give it one more shot next month.

1 Thank ChiangMaiDiligent
Archersbar, Owner at Archer's, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We couldn't work out what was happening on that Sunday but it later transpired that the thermostat is now inaccurate on our oven (has since been replaced). I thought I gave everyone affected a discount but do apologies if you were missed out.

The lady you mention is a regular, who was also surprised that the beef was a little too rare. I'm sure she would confirm that this is a first and that I did provide her with a reduction to her bill.

Our dog Mary (loved by most) does receive leftovers because it would be crazy to put them in the bin.

I am happy that you have chosen to return next month (maybe a third review for this your third visit) and hope that we meet the standards of your original review.
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good For What It Is”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

If British pub grub is your thing and you're on a budget then Archers is about as good of a place to go as any in Chiang Mai. They offer fair quality at fair prices; the main shortcoming of the place versus other establishment offering similar fare is that they don't don't sell Guinness on draft nor any imported beers in bottles.

• Visited June 2013
Archersbar, Owner at Archer's, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Only one bar within 2 kilometers of this restaurant does offer draft Guinness and that's the UN Irish Bar. I simply would not be able to sell the required amount to keep it to a high standard and I therefore choose not to.

I enjoy the odd pint of Irish Champagne and visit the UN Irish bar often. I also recommend this place to anyone as they have a good kitchen and a different menu.

We do offer a limited range of imported bottled beers and feel our menu is different to many.