“Great to return to CM and find Archers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Archer's

Archer's
Ranked #136 of 2,026 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, British, Thai, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An easy going restaurant/bar. Take your time and chill over a coffee, fruit shake, ice cream, baquette or try our delicious Thai or western main courses. We will always give you some good travel advise with no fee's, commission or strings attached. If you want to mingle with the locals then pop in for the busy weekly specials: Our quiz night on Tuesdays, fish & chips Fridays or our roast dinner from midday on Sundays.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great to return to CM and find Archers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really great to return to CM and find Archers still open. Many of the other establishments had changed hands or closed and this little place had only made a few changes to the menu and decor. Good food, very reasonably priced and a friendly few locals to boot. Try the baguettes and the breakfast is the best I found for the price.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chiang Mai
“Disappointing to say the least!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

A good restaurant can and should duplicate your previous dining experience. THATS WHY CUSTOMERS GO BACK! Alas, Archers did not come up to speed on my 2nd visit. My meal was without gravy or "cracklin" with the pork and the Yorkshire pud was delivered after I had finished my meal - no big issue until my mate who ordered ten minutes after me - recieved everything I didn't (together). A lady at the next table complained that the Beef was blood rare and while the owner and staff were not looking, fed the red meat to the large dog that roams the premise. The meals are still great value but consistancy of the meal and service detracts. Will proably give it one more shot next month.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChiangMaiDiligent
Archersbar, Owner at Archer's, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We couldn't work out what was happening on that Sunday but it later transpired that the thermostat is now inaccurate on our oven (has since been replaced). I thought I gave everyone affected a discount but do apologies if you were missed out.

The lady you mention is a regular, who was also surprised that the beef was a little too rare. I'm sure she would confirm that this is a first and that I did provide her with a reduction to her bill.

Our dog Mary (loved by most) does receive leftovers because it would be crazy to put them in the bin.

I am happy that you have chosen to return next month (maybe a third review for this your third visit) and hope that we meet the standards of your original review.
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good For What It Is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

If British pub grub is your thing and you're on a budget then Archers is about as good of a place to go as any in Chiang Mai. They offer fair quality at fair prices; the main shortcoming of the place versus other establishment offering similar fare is that they don't don't sell Guinness on draft nor any imported beers in bottles.

• Visited June 2013
Archersbar, Owner at Archer's, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Only one bar within 2 kilometers of this restaurant does offer draft Guinness and that's the UN Irish Bar. I simply would not be able to sell the required amount to keep it to a high standard and I therefore choose not to.

I enjoy the odd pint of Irish Champagne and visit the UN Irish bar often. I also recommend this place to anyone as they have a good kitchen and a different menu.

We do offer a limited range of imported bottled beers and feel our menu is different to many.
“Great food and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We saw archer's on trip advisor and decided to give it a go. Both ordered curries with steamed rice which were cooked to our liking spice wise. Both dishes were some of the best food we have had in Thailand so far. With drinks the meal cost us around £10 which was great value for the quality. Despite reading that the owner is keen to chat to guests, he seemed preoccupied with a group of people he was entertaining at the bar. However the waitress was lovely. Her service was great and we chatted to her afterwards about the area and the next part of our trip. If we had more time in the area we definitely would have visited again!

• Visited May 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The best baguettes you can find in the city! Friendly, cheerful staff and good curries for a nice price. Would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013