“Exciting day of adventure”

Chiang Mai Adventure - Day Trips
Ranked #101 of 258 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore Chiang Mai, the city of the contemporary Lanna tradition, with us: experienced and well-known travel companion since 1989
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Exciting day of adventure”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My partner and I booked the ATV and whitewater rafting tour at the end of March, which is at the end of the peak tourist season and also when the water is quite low, which was goos for us because I can't imagine it when its a high grade of rapid!

We were picked up from our hotel right on time and were the only two for the ATV tour. When we arrived we were fitted with our safety gear and they made sure we could handle ourselves on the ATVs before we got going, and as a non-driver this was a good way to get used to how to handle the machine. Then we were off down the road to the off-road component, where I promptly crashed into a tree much to my own amusement. They all stopped to make sure I was ok, which I was as ATV is well suited to beginners like me. We cruised around off and on road til we got back to the site at midday, then we were off to whitewater rafting.

As the water was low and we were going from right at the top of the river (most tours start half way, boring!) we got to go in canoes to make it a bit more exciting. The group of us (8) were all taught what the guides would tell us for going right, going left etc and then we were off to face the river.

It was relaxing, until we got to the rapids were I'm happy to say everyone overturned but us (thanks to our expert guide Mr Coco). It was so fun and everyone had a good laugh, especially if someone got stranded! There was lots of splashing and light hearted races, and we were throughly exhausted but pleased with ourselves by the end.

Standard meals and beverages were provided, and there are facilities to shower off and use the bathroom. They keep track of their customer service by getting everyone to fill out questionnaires at the end of the day, and we were given the website where we could see out (unflattering) photos of our adventure.

All in all an enjoyable experience I'd highly recommend. If you want high grade rapids its probably best to go earlier in the season, but going underwater a few times was enough craziness for me!

Visited March 2011