“Flavour-filled Food”
Review of W by Wanlamun - CLOSED

W by Wanlamun
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I first lunched at W by Wanlamun after I asked Yui, masterchef of A Lot of Thai Cooking School, for her recommendation for the best place to eat in Chiang Mai. I dropped in for lunch and was not disappointed. Since then I've dined there (lunch and dinner, all without reservations) several times each time I visit Chiang Mai. The food is not strictly traditional, more of the chef's contemporary twist on traditional Thai dishes. Her chicken and cashew nuts, a fairly recent addition to the menu, is the best I've ever tasted - with the chicken caramelised and crispy-coated yet tender and juicy. And the very tempting French dessert delights are so decadent. Well worth a return visit!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had our hotel make reservations and we were seated at a table next to a full glass wall overlooking the garden. My soft shell crab appetizer was delicious as was my crispy fish with chili paste for main course. My husbands noodle seafood dish was excellent and yes he did save room for dessert....YUM!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food is a bit more inventive than most Thai restaurants (eg. deconstructed spring rolls) and delicious. You will need to order 4-5 dishes for 2.

We were the only foreigners in the restaurant which is always a good sign and the staff didn't speak much English.

They have wonderful French desserts based on Pierre Herme's recipes (eg. Profiteroles, chocolate domes). Most fabulous desserts we've seen in Thailand.

Upscale restaurant for Thailand so expect higher prices but still very reasonable for the quality (around 500bht/person) without drinks.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Set in a side lane, but no problem finding - just take a stroll.
Recommended by a cooking class chef , excellent choice and true to his words.
Thai food at its best! Truly memorable mealiness will not forget it for a long time.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This restaurant is run by a good background interesting family, serve thai authentic and fusion. All dish is neat, though potion is not emphasized. Bakery is available (French). Inhouse room arrangement french style, outdoor is available. Parking space is limited.