The good; friendly staff / rooms are nice / food is good / a/c works / nice view / internet works
The not so good;
- location is outside Chiang Mai, so transportation is limited (taxi is 240bhat into town)
- cobwebs from light fixtures in rooms
- communications with each of the two owners were not consistent causing stress and dissatisfaction
- very low water pressure, sometimes no hot water
- advertise that airport connections are included. Not the case. We booked a total of 16 room nights, with a 2 day trip in the middle to a small village further north. Thus 2 pick-ups and 2 drop-offs. I had to pay for 3 of the 4.
- 500bhat for cooking class, which was great..but you are not told you are charged another 350baht to eat the food you cooked !!
We have stayed at 3 other guest houses in Chaing Mai previously. I scored all of them 4 or 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tonnam is a traditional Thai house on the Ping River bank. The property includes 6 bungalows around an infinity edge swimming-pool and 4 bedrooms in the teak house. Each accommodation has its own private bathroom with hot water and its balcony with swimming pool and/or river view. At home, we organize Thai cooking classes and massages with professional masseuse. On your arrival, you will always be personally welcomed by the owners themselves: Cecile and Yul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tonnam Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tonnam Homestay Hotel Chiang Mai