“very good food, service not up to the same standard.”

BRIX Bar & Restaurant at Hotel M Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Chiang Mai Early evening and decided to go here for food after a 24 hour bus ride from Luang Phrabang.

We didnt go for the buffet but the food we did have was very tasty and we would definetly eat here again although three of us ordered food and they came out 3 to 5 minutes apart. If you want good food and dont mind too much on service then this would be a good choice.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had dinner at BRIX before we left for Chiangmai Airport . The restaurant and bar is part of Hotel M building. It is a cool place and find the waiting staff attentive and courteous. The thai dishes are nice, tasty and the service is fast. One could also use the outdoor seating, but the noise and dust from the road traffic may be a disincentive. Anyway, it is a good and convenient place to eat and relax.

We enjoyed the Green Curry but not the Stir Fried Pumpkin, too seet to out liking.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Awful buffet. Food was stale, cold and not edible. Hard sushi from stale rice. Small hello thimbles for dessert. No drinks (substantial extra charge for any other drink, including water). Too many service staff around in the small room, getting in the way of getting food, or standing and staring as you eat). Had to get up to pay, and just quoted the amount, no bill until I asked. Stay away from the fish unless you have an iron stomach.

This restaurant is part of the hotel by the way if your considering staying there.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Normally I'm not much of a buffet fan, but I was tired and hungry for lunch and this place was close to my hotel and it looked "upscale" (famous last words).

The salad & sushi were fine. The hot dishes were in many cases unidentifiable. Some signs would've been helpful. One I did figure out was green curry with chicken - how could I go wrong? It was so salty that it was almost inedible. Awful. I tanked up on more salad and sushi and got ready to get out of there, but not before being presented with a bill with a 10% service charge for essentially no service. If the food had been good I wouldn't have had a huge problem with this, but it pissed me off, adding insult to injury.

Skip this place altogether. There are many other good choices close by.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The staff here must be really sick of serving tourists by now....shows in their total lack of service. Ordered a big bottle of Chang and they brought out 2 scratched up old glasses that they hadn't bother to chill. The irony is that they slapped on 10% service charge for absolutely no service!