“One of the Best Experiences of My Life”

Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures
Ranked #29 of 256 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2002, CMRCA has provided award-winning rock climbing and caving courses in stunningly beautiful northern Thailand. With a strong focus on quality instruction, CMRCA is much more than a tour operator. CMRCA is owned and run by passionate climbers and cavers who want nothing more than to create other passionate adventurers! Safety always comes first. We use only the best, internationally-certified equipment, and our guides are held to the highest standards in Thailand.Be sure to book in advance as courses fill up quickly.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the Best Experiences of My Life”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went with 2 friends and met up with one other guy doing the Introduction to Rock Climbing course. There were 5 people working to help us. This was super fun and one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It is definitely not for the faint of heart. Physically intensive and pretty hot out. The instructors were very good and taught us well and were right there ready to help. The equipment was in good shape and the food they served was great. It has been a long time since I felt sheer terror, and that is what I got here.. Being up 200 ft and your arms getting tired looking for the right path. You are on a line so if you do fall you would only drop a little and sustain minimal to no injuries. SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First class caving and climbing in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I recently complete a custom caving course with CMRCA including single rope technique, cave survey and some actual cave exploration. From the moment we walked in I was amazed at the professionalism and first class service this team provides. I would highly recommend either climbing or caving with this group. We dealt with a number of instructors and would really like to thank Josh and Brian for setting this all up we also spent a lot of time with Mario and P'Taw who were exceptional instructors as well. All in all it was all we expected and more! Cave On!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank cwerg
Singapore, Singapore
“Most Professional Outfit I've come across!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

From pickup to drop-off, these guys were exceptionally professional and enjoyable to spend the day with. I hadn't climbed in a while and Phi patiently refreshed my techniques and moves. It was great fun! Unfortunately my day ended with an ankle injury, but these guys brought me to the hospital (great service there too), paid the bill (thanks to the company insurance policy) and brought me back to the hotel.

Thank you guys!

Can't say enough good about your company!

Visited May 2013
Berlin, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had some climbing experience, so booked the "Technical Top Rope Skills" and "Lead Belay" courses and got way more out of it than I expected. My two instructors (Pui and Gee) were not only very friendly, but also very skilled and I felt safe at all time.
The climbing areas around Crazy Horse Buttress were super nice and offer something for every level of climbing.
I hope, I can come back again!

Visited April 2013
nope
“Great Climbing Scene”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

And all thanks to the hard work of CMRCA. I found the climbing at Crazy Horse fantastic (I showed up with partners and was climbing there without guiding or anything else) and I really appreciated the help and friendliness of CMRCA employees. They helped us figure out how to get to the crag, helped arrange a homestay nearby, and were always enthusiastic and positive. In addition they have done a ton of work in the area providing fun, safe, and challenging routes for climbers of almost any ability level. While Southern Thailand gets all the hype the north is not to be missed.

Visited April 2012