“Awesome climbing, bryan and eq the guides are great”

Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures
Climb Crazy Horse Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2002, CMRCA has provided award-winning rock climbing and caving courses in stunningly beautiful northern Thailand. With a strong focus on quality instruction, CMRCA is much more than a tour operator. CMRCA is owned and run by passionate climbers and cavers who want nothing more than to create other passionate adventurers! Safety always comes first. We use only the best, internationally-certified equipment, and our guides are held to the highest standards in Thailand.Be sure to book in advance as courses fill up quickly.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Awesome climbing, bryan and eq the guides are great, gear was ok, security and knowledgable insights, even the food was real nice. loved the fruits

2  Thank Ido-on-the-road

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Excellent teachers and people. Loved the bouldering wall and the development of Crazy Horse. Absolutely fantastic company.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed September 16, 2012

As a complete beginner I was a bit worried at first, but then my instructors professionalism reassured me that I had nothing to worry about.

I did the Introduction to rock climbing day course and was on my own, but that didn't stop CMRCA from running the course, as they don't have minimum numbers. The lads were very professional, but were up for a laugh too.
I had the best day in Chiang Mai, despite a couple of cuts and bruises!

2  Thank The_Archangel
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked the course "Introduction to Rock Climbing" and I had an amazing experience. I do a lot of sports, but never did climbing before, not even indoor climbing. Now after having done the Rock climbing course with these guys, I know that I will do climbing regularly.
I was a beginner when I did the course. First we did some easy Rock climbing, then after I became more confident they told me to try another wall that was more challenging. The introduction to Rock climbing is very good and the guides will make sure that you are well aware about all safety issues. They care a lot about safety and will always keep an eye on you. The equipment is very safe and they will never force you to do anything you don't want. But if they see you are a good climber for a beginner, they just keep an eye on you an give you enough liberty to climb. In the afternoon we did a wonderful rappelling within a cave. It was about 50m.
The guides are very friendly, carrying and they seem to have a lot of experience with climbing and doing climbing courses. My group of 4 people was with 2 guides. One has been doing his job for 5 years and the other one for 9 years. Their level of English is very good. Food, transportation and equipment is included within the price. For further information just check their website.
BUT make sure that you book your course in advance. Because it could be that they are busy if you stay only a few days in Chiang Mai. So contact them in advance.
I even bought a nice T-Shirt and some very good climbing shoes at their shop. If you took a course with them, they give you 10% discount.
I had a great experience and enjoyed my course with them very much. I would recommend everyone to do a Climbing course with them.

3  Thank MarcosBangkok
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I'm not exactly the outdoor-sy kind of person and also not the fittest. I just wanted to experience at least once what rock climbing is all about.
First of all, the staff is nice. We had two instructors for our group of 4 people. They were very patient with us and for them, safety is the priority all the way.
For the morning sessions, there were two "climbing routes" available. I didn't make it to the top on both occasions, and was a bit disappointed in myself. But, going down the cave in the afternoon, that was really awesome.
After the cave, we still had time for one more climbing session. This time, I really did challenge myself and forced myself to make it to the top. I did it, and was really glad. One of the instructors even said if I wanted, I could try one of the harder routes. Thanks, but that was it for me. :)
All in all, an unforgettable experience, and I would recommend it to the people who want to try something different.
Just, don't be discouraged if you don't make it all the way to the top the first time, keep pushing yourself.

One more thing: I had no idea that climbing shoes were supposed to be so small! I normally wear a size 8 shoe, but when I was trying on the gear, the staff recommended me to wear size 6-7.5 shoes! Not the most comfortable shoes, but apparently, when your toes are forced into smaller shoes, your toes get bent and you have more power in your toes to stand on ledges or force your feet into tiny cracks. So, get a nice thai and foot massage when your done! And their office is right on a street with so many guesthouses and massage places.