“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #4 of 747 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This review is long overdue. Joy's House is not only an amazing place to stay but an awesome experience. Joy and the kids provided everything for us; from cooking classes to tours of the city to live music at night. One of the most festive places I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jefficly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Joy's house was my spectacular place because first time that I went there
I really impress about atmosphere and how friendly of every staff.
I went there alone but Staff in Joy's house take care like I was our family
So I feel like I have family in that place. Sometimes Joy's mom will cook and call me
to eat with her family [and she cook very well haha]. I really like breakfast there because
they have a lot of food. Joy's house was very peaceful and have natural atmosphere.
Sometimes when I open the window I saw little cute bird really close. Every staff there
can take care guest very well. I really like Owners, their family and cousins especially manager
name PeeJarm, She look like professional about every things. She can manage, cook [delicious Thai food], dance, sing a song, take care baby, be a guide, speaker, teacher etc. similar as KruBoy, They were very nice and funny. If other guests go there I think you should love them.

PS.Joy's daughter and her husband were very nice, They can do everything too.Sometimes Joy's daughter'll bake the special cake to guests, It's really delicious and make me impress.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Fiaoris
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Last month August 2013, I have business trip to Chiang Mai once again, and of course I stayed at Joy's House once again. This time Joy's House was changed a bit, there is a pathway to the bar, and it looks more colorful and elegant. The children are growing up but still nice and friendly. I could make friends here once again, please have a look in my album in my FB; https://www.facebook.com/Yoyo.SSEAYP96/media_set?set=a.10151693524729947.1073741832.633899946&type=3

We sang, drank and spent happy times, happy hours together. And even now we are still keeping in contact. Joy's House is not only a place that you can feel and touch the local people but we can also make new friends from over the world here. This was my beautiful weekend once again. Very soon, I will make my holiday trip to Joy's House in November, during the Loy Krathong Festival, I wish I could meet lots of friends there...Let's meet!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean, convenient and quiet. But please book in advance.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank aong101
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Joy's House is so, so special - the minute you walk through the gate you receive a warm welcome. Although we did not actually stay here this July, we did visit as we wanted to see Jarm and the wonderful kids, who had enthusiastically learnt English with me a couple of years ago. There have been many improvements in recent months, and overall the place seems well maintained and generally looks much tidier and cleaner than when we first visited a few years ago. Sadly both Joy and Ulli were away when we visited but we saw that their wonderful team continue to be committed to ensuring that all guests have a memorable time. On another visit to Chiang Mai I am sure we will return and also make time again to visit the other kids at CSF.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank katepsi
Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my favorite place in Chiang Mai. Everybody is kind and happy, we get together just like a big family. Make friends with guests from every corner of the world, that is a wonderful experience. And Children's Shelter Foundation! What a great idea! Joy's house is my only choice in Chiang Mai now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank zhu_hui
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have spent about 10 days at Joy's House and we liked it a lot. Different places to sit, read or drink something and you can make your own cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate whenever you like. All staff is very friendly and extremely committed to give you a good time. Which they did!
Our daughter (12) says it's the greatest of all places we have been to in Thailand and Laos. We have done many of the excursions offered and they were guided by a professional guide and a trainee. Joy's House builds the capacity of young disadvantaged children and adolescents. These children live on a farm and learn lifeskills and skills needed to become a tourist guide for example. A visit to this farm is possible and really great to do. The combination of enjoying holiday and supporting this initiative was the reason we went to this Guesthouse and it was absolutely worth it.
For visits to Chiang Mai, a free ride is offered everyday at 6 pm. Relaxing at the pool or going for a massage (by the best masseur we have experienced so far!) was pure luxury.
Most of all of course its the people who make a place feel good. We are missing Joy, Ulrike, Cham and all!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank abikob
Cool, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've stayed in Joy's House 3 times in the last 10 years, every time I go I find new improvements and always the same warm welcome by the family and staff. This time I was pleasantly surprise by the wonderful yoga and massage rooms and swimming pool. Staying at Joy's House you'll experience the real Chiang Mai!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo