“A complete find”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place by accident, checked the reviews at the door before we entered and based upon them decided to cross the threshold.

As everyone says, Steve was amazing. He suggested perfect dishes for our meal as well as a special house drink to start. It was a lovely evening, one of the most enjoyable thus far in our trek around Thailand.

I usually make suggestions but in the case I will leave it up to the expert, Steve. Tell him what you like or don't like and he will point you in the right direction for a great meal.

1  Thank CdnExPats

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went for dinner at 9pm, it was quiet Steve was extremely helpful in recommending authentic thai dishes, had me check that the spicy level was ok ( not to spicy), if it wasn't he was going to make a new one for me, it was fine. Lovely setting so relaxing and pleasing introduction to Chiang Mai eats.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

we went to this restaurant last week -- it was virtually empty. The restaurant setting is really beautiful. The food and service were great. Maybe the lack of people has something to do with its location (it was a bit awkward to find)...or it could be the constant drone of "we will, we will rock you" advertising Muay Thai Boxing. I feel sorry for the local businesses having to listen to this...

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good reviews and something a bit out of the ordinary tempted us to venture down the backstreets North of the city to find this gem of a place. As described previously, Steve met us and welcomed us - as the best Matre'd could do. But this is no five star swanky restaurant. Vintage chic would be pushing it, but vintage applies. Vintage antique with a touch of dereliction (the chedi) might be a better bet. We joke. This is a fascinating place. And Steve greeted us admirably. Helped with the choice of dishes and the food was served quickly and efficiently. Three very good dishes, two rice, and three beers for under 600thb .... Can’t complain. Well recommended and we echo others advice to visit. .....

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A beautiful garden setting with excellent food. Steve the owner came to greet us and visit with us and explain details of the dishes. I had the Kow Soi and I highly recommend it. It was a bit spicy with crispy noodles as well as soft noodles and an excellent broth. My two other dinning partners also had tasty dishes but all agreed the Kow Soi was the favorite. We also met Wan Chai the Thai business partner of Steve. We felt very welcome and had lots of personal attention. I'm wanting to go back there again soon.