Book In Advance
Tours from Untouched Thailand tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Untouched Thailand
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews lost city doi suthep day tour tiger kingdom hill tribe private tour hidden temple bamboo rafting golden triangle buddhist culture tuk tuk tour long neck national park rice fields tour company white temple his knowledge
Reviewed today

We had 2 tours booked with Untouched Thailand. On the day prior to our 1st tour I was notified that the tour guide I had requested and was told would be available that day was not feeling well. I was disappointed as I had read many reviews and had decided on that particular tour guide. On the day of the tour, my significant other and I meant Mr Tom - our replacement guide. Our tour started at 0500 and Mr Tom was on time. My significant other and I have travelled extensively-Sometimes we book tours and other times we make our way around. Of all the tour guides we have ever encountered, Mr Tom has been the best!!!!!! He is a wealth of knowledge and not so much information that we feel overloaded. His pace throughout the tour was very good, never feeling rushed. He brought food and snacks so we could give to the monks during the alms ceremony. We met several children along the way, mostly from the tribes, and he had snacks for all the kids. We wished we had known so we could have brought some more snacks with us for these adorable kids. But, Mr Tom gave us his bag of goodies so we could hand them out to the kids. He also did the driving and at no point did we feel unsafe with his driving skills. We ended up doing additional activities not previously planned and each of them was a great experience. We did not want this day to end - Mr Tom made it very educational and memorable but since we started at 0500, we were exhausted by afternoon. Mr Tom’s English was not even a factor, we communicated as if it was his native language. Mr Tom was also very funny, enjoyable company and a great tour guide. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Thank you Untouched Thailand for the best 3 days! It was incredible and a huge thank you to Mr. Tom who made the experience simply unforgettable!

I am pretty lazy and have never written a review before, but I just had to write this review.

He had a hard task on his hands - we wanted to see everything in just 3 days (there’s a lot to do) and one of us (me) is quite high maintenance! He made sure we had enough toilet stops in fairly clean toilets, made sure we were always fed and watered and constantly held my hand through the potentially scary situations such as climbing “sticky waterfalls” and the slippery trek upto the the village in the mountains. My boyfriend and I joked that he is practically superman, he did the trek In his crocs while bf (who is very fit and active) and I wore our proper “hiking gear”. My boyfriend and I still laugh about it.

Mr Tom provided us with endless information about Thai culture and his own life, he was a monk for around 18 years! He went above and beyond to make sure we had such a special time, and he even added extra activities on for us that we had not booked up for. When booking, we wanted to fit in as much as possible and I think some things had to give and we did have a jam packed itinerary, Mr Sipohn did not want to book us onto too many items incase we did not have time to do it all. But after being with Mr Tom for one day he could see how much we wanted to do and so he suggested an amended pick up time of 5:15am the next day! We agreed and we caught the sunrise above Chiang Mai city and then went onto the Doi Suthep temple for 6 am - there were hardly any other tourists there yet and it was truly special. We gave alms to the monks and even had a private meditation session with one of them - this isn’t the kind of thing that would happen if you were visiting on your own - it was because of Mr Tom.

Our other activities included bamboo rafting, white water rafting, zip lining, ATV, elephants (this was SO special and mr tom managed to get us a time slot with the elephants all to ourselves - normally a small group is considered to have around 10 people - he was able to do this as the elephant sanctuary knows him well and I suppose they do it as a special favour to him), rice fields, tea plantation (v different and fun, we did the one where you pick your own tea leaves), coffee plantation, long neck hill tribe, sticky waterfall (a must if you love water and the adrenaline!) , and lots of other things.

WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU REQUEST MR TOM WHEN BOOKING. Even if you do not have Mr Tom I can strongly recommend Untouched Thailand. You will not regret it. The booking process was easy, Mr Sipohn very helpful. We will remember this experience for the rest of our lives and next time we are in Chiang Mai we will be requesting Mr Tom again (probably to do the Chiang Rai experience).

Thank you Untouched Thailand and Mr Tom.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We were recommended to this company by a guide that we had used on a previous trip who was not able to accomodatae on this one due to a prior commitment. THie worked out great becuase we had a wonderful experience on our first night after a very long journey. Our guide picked us up at our Hotel and was eager to show us this wonderful city and some of its hidden gems at night. Bonus was that he is a retired monk and was able to give us rare insight into the customs and differences amongst the different types of monks that there are in Chiang Mai. Great way to see the city, some of the many beutiful temples and avoid some of the crowds. Would recommend this as a way to get oriented and get a unique perspective on Chiang Mai at night.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We chose the one day tour of Doi Suthep temple and Doi Inthanon National park. Our tour guide Ata was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. The lunch near the Diamond waterfall was very good. The visit to the hidden waterfalls is in a beautiful area and with some great views. Unfortunately for us, we were caught in some heavy rains which detracted from the views and the enjoyment. The trek was much longer and more difficult than we had been lead to believe. While it is mainly downhill, there are some tricky parts and better suited for those who are experienced hikers. We did have a local tour guide for this segment who was very good and also very helpful. We also missed the winter flower garden. Overall a good day and a good company to go with.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This tour gave me such a meaningful piece of Thai culture, through an understanding of the the Buddhist religion. First and foremost, our guide, Mr. Non, was absolutely outstanding. His knowledge and understanding of what we saw was very impressive.
The ride to Doi Suthep was filled with explanations and interesting stories of history. The Thai breakfast was very good. Giving alms to the monks, receiving the blessings from them and then the blessings from the monk at Doi Suthep were very powerful. The temple is absolutely amazing. So were the other two temples, the Temple in the Woods and the Hidden Temple. Plus the views of Chiang Mai at sunrise were beautiful.
Non is definitely the guide for this tour. He goes above and beyond.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We did a tour with untouchedthailand last week. We had a great and funny day!
We did cycling and Kayaking. Training Muay Thai boxing at Buakaw training camp. All excellent activities for a day trip. I highly recommend untouchedthailand!

1  Thank Max M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I booked a private, full-day tour to Doi Inthanon National Park. We really loved the experience! Our guide, Non, was incredibly kind, spoke great English, and made the day very enjoyable. The day entailed visiting a local market, Wachirathan Waterfall, Sirithan Waterfall, the King and Queen Stupas, and Thailand's Highest Point (Doi Inthanon's Summit). We ate lunch in a small Hmong village. After that, we did some moderate trekking through the rainforest (where we met up with a villager who acted as our guide). Overall, it was an awe-inspiring day full of beautiful sights and fun experiences.

The Untouched Thailand website leaves a lot to be desired - but don't let that discourage you from booking through the company. There are also far more tours offered on the website than listed on TripAdvisor -- you should peruse the website yourself to see what suits you! (FYI: We booked this tour: One Day Tour Programs: Chiang mai private tour code: 138. Highlight of trek & conquer the roof of Thailand.) Despite the website's shortcomings, we found the tour operator to be quite responsive over e-mail. The preferred form of payment is cash, but it seems like accommodations may be made for payment by credit cards.

Sipohn C, Manager at Untouched Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback.

You can pay us by credit cards as well but Credit cards payment will be charged 3 % of total tour price by local Thailand Banks. So just let us know in advance if you like to pay by a credit card.

Thank you.
Untouched Thailand team. Sipohn

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an awesome expirience, althought we had to get up 4.30am to be ready for the pick up in our hotel. The friendly guide Tu and the driver did pick us up in time, just to highlight the professional service this small company does offer, from scratch everything professionally managed. Doi Suthep was the highlight of the morning, the magic sunrise and the possibility to learn more about Buddhism and the life of monks was very interesting. The guide Tu, who was 11 years living in a temple, did share a lot of his Knowledge and was able to answer a lot of our questions based on his expirience. Since it was so early, we have been almost alone in the temple, this was the reward for the early get up. Each baht we payed is a great value, so don't hesitate to book this unforgettable tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know where to begin to express my thanks to Non (tour guide) and Nop (driver) for all that they did for us during our time in Thailand.

We booked a two day private tour with Siphon, first day to see the sunrise at Doi Suthep, then onto white water rafting and long neck tribe. Second day was Doi Inthanon and 2 hours of downhill trekking. Firstly Sipohn is very polite and communicates well when booking the tours. He can sometimes take a while to reply to emails but just pester him (he doesn’t seem to mind! And trust me it will be worth it) He’s also great at helping you decide what you want to do.

The tours were absolutely amazing and we learnt so much about the local culture but what made them was Non. He is just the most lovely, funny, friendly, caring and informative person. A 5am pick up is always a bit of a drag but he was so upbeat and buzzing, definitely perked us up! He told us so much about Thailand and we constantly asked questions, I don’t think we’ve ever learnt so much about somewhere in two days! The nicest thing was to see how much Non cares about Chiang Mai and all that it has to offer, the places, people, children and animals. He carried around dog food for stray dogs and chocolate for the village children. They all loved him! He was an inspiration and we came away from Chaing Mai with a warm feeling in our hearts about our experience. That is 100% down to Non.

I can’t speak for the other tour guides but this guy is amazing! Go for it, you’ll love it. Thanks again Non, Nop and Sipohn :-)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

John was OUTSTANDING. We learned so much from him not just about temples but also on culture of Thailand. He was very warm , open and also had a good sense of humour. He was the kind of person who makes you want to be a better person yourself. I told John we had seen your company in a holiday/travel guide that was in a UK national newspaper and it was strongly recommended as one of the best!