“Couldn't imagine a finer boutique hotel”
Review of Sirilanna Hotel

Sirilanna Hotel
Ranked #51 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Yes, the hotel is beautiful in the old Lanna style, hand carved teak doors, antique four poster bed, antique armoire, dresser and desk. Spacious bathroom, sitting area. But it's their staff which makes this extra special. From the general manager on down, everyone takes great pride in treating guests like family. In fact, my husband had to go to hospital. While there, the GM and two staff arrived with a fabulous bouquet of white flowers and get well wishes! That would never happen at any other hotel we have ever stayed at!
We needed to extend our stay in Chiang Mai and the hotel was booked so they booked another hotel and made sure we got the same rate. That hotel was just as beautiful but again we wanted to return to Sirilanna and we did only because of the staff. They were so kind it was so pleasant and refreshing. Can't say enough about the special people. I don't want to name names and miss some, but they know who they are!

Room Tip: First floor right across from pool. Best room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
sirilanna755, General Manager at Sirilanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Khun St Thomas,

Sawasdee kha ,Hope you are very well and arrived home with safty. We are all miss both of you.
Thank you very much for your posting a very good comments we are really apprecited on your value comments. This is our pleasure. Good Take care kha.

Looking forward to weloming you to our hotel in the next future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our 5 nights at the Siri Lanna. Our room was spacious & very clean. The furniture was beautiful and I loved the bathroom which had a massive jacuzzi. The bathroom had a mediterranean feel to it due to the tiling and the coloured windows overlooking the room. Mini bar was very cheap too. The pool was lovely - beautiful surrounds. We have many poolside lunches & drinks - the food was very nice. Breakfast wasn't too bad (I am not a big breakfast person). There was plenty of food to pick from.
The location was great. Just a short tuk tuk ride from most things. There is a currency exchange across the road & plenty of restaurants too. There was even a mobile cocktail bar parked down the road every night selling cocktails for 80baht. There was a cute little Reggae bar just down the road too. I have massages everyday at a place just opposite the SiriLanna. I also got my nails done there too. There was a Family Mart not too far away, which was handy as we wanted to stock up on alcohol & fly spray as there were mossies in the room.
I would recommend the SiriLanna to anyone....we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ozzaboz
Reviewed May 29, 2013

As other travelers have mentioned, the Siri Lanna is located within the old city of Chiang Mai, within the eastern gate. From this location you can walk to both the Night Market and the Sunday Night Market (don't miss this one if the timing is right). ATMs and great restaurants are a few blocks away, as are the laundry services. Explore. Yes, the staff is friendly and helpful, and Sophia does her best to make sure everyone feels welcome. The rooms are nicely furnished and the breakfasts are fine. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr. Mark Be Well,

Thank you very much for your posting a good review on Trip Advisor. We would like to thank you for choosing Sirilanna Hotel as a place to stay while you are in Chiangmai .We appreciated your feed back as your comment about our service and hotel facilities.

Hope to service you in the next visit ,we remain.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for my 30th birthday. room was great with balcony view to road and pool. Staff were excellent and very personal service. pool area was relaxing and inviting. Close to shops, atm and currency exchange just across the road. Daily breakfast was amazing. very full stomach for our tours. the manager Sophia was amazing to organise our tours and guides 9 and even a birthday cake for me :-) ). Very much had a great experience. The hotel and staff made my holiday awesome. went in May 2013. loved it. wont go anywhere else!!!!

Room Tip: either ground floor so when you walk out you have the pool or top floor for views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sirithida, General Manager at Sirilanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Daer Ms.Melton Victoria,

Thank you so much for your kind words, We are very happy to hear and much appreciated.
I will pass them along to the team and Khun Sohia as well.

I hoping to welcome you back gaain soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sirlanna for five nights and thought it was a great hotel. I had short walks to three very good restaurants for dinner. The night market is maybe a 15 to 20 minute walk, or a quick tuk ride The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast isn't gourmet like some larger hotels but for a small hotel I thought that they offered a nice variety of cooked to order specialties. I thought the pool area was small but very beautiful, although I didn't use it much. The concierge gave me some good dinner recommendations. My room was beautiful, the bed, bureaus, nightstands were all wonderfully carved wood. I thought it was a terrific hotel at a great value. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I had the business jacuzzi room which I thought was great, very large bathroom with jacuzzi and larg...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stan C

Daer Khun Stan,

Thank you so much for writing so nicely about your staying with us.We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time hear. As you say ,We do have a great location and a beautiful hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very well located for walking around the old city. Quiet and peaceful inside - more than we had expected given the location. Small and relaxed in style. We had what seemed to be a relatively new room - very well decorated and comfortable, with traditional furniture. Staff were very helpful, breakfasts fairly standard but well prepared, pool largely unoccupied and good to relax around. It was exactly what we were looking for as a base for our week in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
sirilanna755, General Manager at Sirilanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your staying with us at The Sirilanna Hotel, Chiangmai and for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to know that you satisfied with the hotel, hotel location and our services.
We thank you for your good comments and your stay .We were very happy.

I hope we may welcome you again in the next future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The location of the hotel was good and the staff were helpful. But, we did not care for the rooms as we prefer more modern style. Breakfast was also not great. There is mosquito netting; however, it does not extend over the top of the bed, which makes it pointless.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carey W

I am pleased to know that you satisfied with the hotel location and hotel staff. The Sirilanna Hotel is not a modern hotel we are Thai style with treditional furniture together mosqitoes net is for decoration .
Our breakfast is alacarte not buffet you ,the guest can order everything in the menu as their favorite dish.

We thank you again for your valueable comments.

I hope we may welcome you again in the next future.