Lowest prices for your stay
$100
Fully refundable before Fri, Mar 15
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
$93
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
All reviews old town walking distance beautiful hotel wooden furniture street noise the location is perfect yogurt jacuzzi thai carvings padlock laundry elephants
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sirilanna hotel for 4 nights in September. Lovely little boutique hotel which is well located in the old town in Chiang Mai. It is relatively close to most things - we walked to the night market in about 20 minutes and lots of restaurants coming before that. It is also very close to Wat Phra Singh and the other temples in the old town.

We had a complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel which was appreciated. The room itself was nice and large and was very traditionally decorated with dark wood everywhere and even ornate door handles and an old-style telephone in the room. The room was decorated with towel swans and flower petals on the bed which was a lovely touch, and we received 2 free bottles of water daily.

The bathroom was lovely with a nice jacuzzi bath, although it did take agesss to fill up, and then it was very difficult to try and drain th =e water out as we couldn't open the stopper. Eventually we had to unscrew it completely to get the water out. One night i had filled up the sink but when i opened the plug, the water just spilled out from the other side onto the floor. So we had to call someone to get this fixed, which was done quite promptly.

With the housekeeping, whilst the room was cleaned to a decent standard, it felt as though it was rushed and lazy as there were things that were just kept untidy. For example, on the first day, the complimentary bottles of water were wrapped in bottle shaped cloths, which we obviously had to undo and remove. When we came back the next day after the room had been serviced we noticed that the empty cloth wrappers were just left on the shelf where the bottles originally were. They hadn't been removed nor had new bottles been put inside. Also, the wrappers and bottle from the toiletries were left by the sink where we had opened them, and also the empty bottles of shower gel etc that we had used were left in the shower (but they were also replenished with full ones). There were a few little things like that, which didn't really detract from our stay but it seemed like things that could easily have had a bit more attention paid to.

The breakfast was ok, it wasn't buffet style but you could select things from a menu. This was good in the sense that there is no wastage but it was a bit odd to not be able to select whatever you want. The breakast was served in a 3 course style so you could select one of three options in which you would get a starter like (toast/croissant/ceral), then a main (omlette/pancakes etc) and then dessert (fruit/yoghurt etc). This was a little annoying in the sense that you couldnt just order one or two things. My husband tried - he asked for an omlete and just fruit yoghut, but since the option also included fruit at the end, he also got fruit although he didnt ask for it. The following day when he specifically said no fruit, the same thing happened. The other annoying this was that as they serve you in 3 courses, you have to wait until both people have finished before your next course comes along. I am a much faster eater than my husband and every day I had to wait for ages before they came to take my main plate away and bring me my fruit. I also tried to get their attention and ask for it early but it seemed as though breakfast was quite understaffed and all the staff seemed to disappear until your food was ready to be brought out. Also just a side note there is no air conditioning inside the breakfast area. WAsnt too much of a problem, but one morning I remember feeling very hot and so the staff put the fan on but as it was right next to me, I had to switch it off again so that my food didn't get cold.

We didn't use the pool at all so can't comment on that but we never actually saw anyone else using it either - it didn't seem very inviting really.

We were on the 2nd floor and there is no lift - unsurprising as it is a small hotel - but it got a little tiring walking up and down the stairs, but more importantly the floor was always very slippery, both in the corridors and in the room, and one evening i actually slipped and fell and hurt my knee quite badly in the room. Not anyone's fault but it was waiting to happen with the slippery floors.

On the whole it was a good hotel for the price and in a good location - also we were not in the hotel that much so it was fine, but i think breakfast could be a little better and a little more attention to the finer details would make the hotel even better than it is.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Londongirl789
sirilanna755, General Manager at Villa Sirilanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Sirs and Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and for your stay with us here in Chiang Mai! . The comments is a very good for us to approval our service.
Your mentioned matters have been addressed with our team.
Kind regards from Sirilanna Hotel
Nantana Khuanphet

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent 3 nights in Sirilanna in mid October and were really positively surprised by the place! We had the complimentary pick-up service from the airport and it worked really well. When we arrived to the hotel, an elderly lady asked us what we want to do (and apoligized that there was a renovation of hotels's restaurant at the same time ongoing), helped us to order massage (also pick-up from the hotel) and gave us good tips on what to do and where to eat. The room was great - big, lanna stylishly decorated and well functioning. Also the pool was really nice for relaxation before lunch and the location of the hotel was superb - only ca. 200 meters away from Sunday market. You can also walk to many temples of the city from the hotel. I cannot imagine anything to complain and will definetely come back again!

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JuhaHelsinki
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at The Sirilanna for several days after staying at another place outside of Chiang Mai.
Sirilanna was far superior to the luxury hotel we had stayed in prior.... When we arrived at Sirilanna the my foot had barely touched the ground getting off the Tuk-Tuk when a flurry of staff swooped in taking our luggage with a warm greeting and handing us a fresh Guava drink. The service was beyond friendly and impeccable! I'd venture to say the best I saw in the entire 3 weeks in Asia!

The place is absolutely beautiful and the concierge Sophia was fantastic!!! I had tried for several hours the day before to book an Elephant Trek and every place was completely booked! She looked though her list and I repeated "tried that, already booked" to most every place she had....then she came upon a place that she said was fairly new and gave them a call. Turned out they had 1 Elephant available for my husband and I to share! Yogi Mahout is the name of the company and they are awesome! The elephant mahout experience was the best day of our entire trip! I would stay here next time I come to Chiang Mai!!!

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We moved from another hotel that was very tired and sacrificed the money for three nights to go to Sirilanna. This was a great decision. Sirilanna has a real Thai feel and is extremely well located in the old town. Stroll to temples, markets, shops, bars and restaurants. Ten minute tuck-tuck to Night Market and River Area. Rooms are beautiful and the bed is A++. A spa bath and roomy bathroom top it off. Breakfast is pleasant (not buffet) and served at table. Pool is very relaxing and salt water. Overall a pleasure to stay.
Tip- Hot Chilli on next corner is a wonderful culinary experience.

Room tip: Higher floor has great views but stairs only.
Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank kfpswr
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed 5 nites. Were sad to leave it was so pleasant. Great rooms/staff/location. Usually dont spend quite as much on a room, but the few extra Baht were more than worth it. Facillities were first class, good sized rooms, great bathroom, balcony, exceptionally good breakfast, best upmarket restaurant we ate in in Chiang Mai. Even the travel agent, Sophia, got us some really good deals. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room tip: Steep stairs, but worth the view on higher floors.
Date of stay: August 2012