All reviewsnight bazaarfresh sheetsthe ping pong tablestayed nights in a double roomguest houseold cityno elevatorbig fridgeair conwater providedminute walkwithin walking distancewet roomthe upper floorsloi kroh roadmountain viewcleaned every day
Reviewed June 23, 2015 via mobile

Bed and Terrace Guesthouse

Pros:

Amazing location - walking distance from the Sunday Market and other tourist attractions.

Staff are very helpful and extremely welcoming; nothing seemed too much of a hassle. Speak excellent English too.

Rooms were tidied each day and provided with free water and coffee.

Suite is very spacious and perfect for couples as you don't feel like you are constantly stuck together 24/7 as there's plenty of seating around the room. Balcony gives good views during the day.

Bathroom has hot water.

Cons:

No lift which can be difficult when carrying your luggage up 5 flights of stairs.

Geckos are everywhere. The suite has holes in the tiles on the ceiling and they come in constantly during the day and night. Mainly at night when lights are on due to the heat they produce.

Balcony is a no-go area after sun down unless you are okay with lots of big geckos.

Can hear the geckos too all night on the ceiling at the other side of the tiles so this makes for a very difficult sleep.

Air-con is tiny for the size of the room and doesn't fully hit the bed.

Walking to the guesthouse at night is a bit dangerous with a dark narrow side road for 70m which featured stray dogs and prostitutes at the weekend. Neither will probably bother you but it is a bit unsettling.

Overall this is a good hotel and you definitely get your value for money.

Highly recommend the Sunday Market, We Cook Cooking School, Baan Chang Elephant Park and Travel Hubs 1009 tour when in the city.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed June 7, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights at the start of June. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful at giving directions and calling to book trips. The room was very clean and also had a large fridge which every other hotel we have stayed in on our travels has not! They came in every day, regardless of what time of day we left at, and gave us fresh towels (which had a lovely freshly cleaned smell), made the bed, cleaned the bathroom and gave us two large bottles of water! Bedding was also changed once during our stay! Balcony was lovely to sit out on in the evenings or mornings, or even to watch the mountain disappear as the monsoon creeped in.

We can not fault this hotel and recommend it to anyone on a budget! It's basic but comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I plan on doing just that when I come back here next year!

It is also only a 5 minute walk from the night bazaar and has good food places nearby too.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2015 via mobile

This place was great! My friend and I were backpacking through Thailand and stopped in Chiang Mai to go to an elephant rescue center. The service here was excellent and the room was very clean. I felt safe and we were close to the market. It was also very affordable. Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Located outside the centre of Chiang Mai, at just five minutes walking.
The staff there is really nice and always willing to help. The first day they gave us a map and showed us how to arrive to the touristic places. The rooms are big and cleaned everyday, with towels and little bottles of soap. No breakfast available, but at the reception you can make coffee and tea. Everyday they refill the fridge with free bottles of water. I recommend it!!

Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as there were no rooms available for longer. I am glad of this now as our 1 night stay was so noisy!!! We stayed in room 32 on the 3rd floor and we had loads of windows in our room and we were on the corner of the building which meant we could hear EVERYTHING all night. The room was nice and had a fridge was a good bonus, but the shower didn't have any glass doors therefore the whole bathroom was drenched when my boyfriend and I had both had a shower! Also didn't like that you couldn't flush toilet paper down the loo and it had to be put in a small bin. I know this may not be anyone's fault but other places in Chiang Mai do not apply the same rule. The staff seemed nice but with only staying for one night I Can't say we had to have much interaction with them other than checking in or out. Again with it only being 1 night, we may be wrong, but I don't think the location was that great. We tried to venture out but it didn't seem to be in that much of a central location. Having now stayed in a different hostel I would say you are better off staying anywhere on the inside left of the square. Around the Wat Chedi Luang area.

Stayed: April 2015