“My favourite guesthouse in Chiangmai”

Bed and Terrace Guesthouse Chiang Mai
Ranked #55 of 786 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Ever since I first experienced this guesthouse, I've been returning to it for my every trip to Chiangmai. Top and his mum who run the guesthouse are the nicest people I've met. In fact everyone there is so friendly and helpful -- from the receptionist to the housekeeper.

It's a 3-storey house, which makes it feel more like a home than a hostel for tourists. I like the cosy comfort and cleanliness of the place and the big lobby where you can relax with a book, watch TV or play table tennis and help yourself to the complimentary coffee and bananas.

Another great thing is the free wifi which allows you to stay connected with your friends back home whether you're in your room or sitting in the lobby.

The location is also perfect for me -- away from the main road, the bar and bazaar crowd, and the noise and traffic pollution, yet within walking distance to the main attractions.

My only hesitation in writing this review is the worry that I might find it hard to get a room here when it becomes too popular and well-known. But since my motto in life is to "repay kindness always with kindness", I owe it to Top and his mum to share my honest feelings about this guesthouse.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank georgewong

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spent a week in that charming place! and enjoyed my stay! The guesthouse is very well situated, clean, very spacious room, wifi, safe in room, its staff is so very helpful and you definitely can't beat the price for such a homey and welcoming place....a true find in Chiang Mai...Go...you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in early October 2011 and were thrilled with the Bed and Terrace. The service was excellent, the rooms were large and clean and the girls at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful. The only negative was that the shower wasnt thr best set up as it had low pressure and was part of the washroom so everything got soaked - but it worked fine for us. The laundry service was also fabulous-very quick! We will be staying here next time we are in Chiang Mai!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is my most favourite place to stay in all of south-east asia. It is such great value for money (we only paid about $15/night), in a nice quiet location, with free wi-fi, and super friendly staff. It really has such a "homely" feel, which is a nice escape when you need a break from the street chaos. The rooms were enormous, but some people might not like having such a small bathroom. It didn't bother me though. And also, the price didn't include breakfast. But once again, this is something that didn't bother me because there are so many great restaurants in Chiang Mai. I would go back without hesitation!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trutraveller
Reviewed July 28, 2011

What a find - this gueshouse is about 5 mins from both Night Market and Thaepae Gate so great location as easy to walk everywhere. We had the Dream Suite on top floor which was wonderful - very spacious even though we had extra bed in the room, and clean with huge balcony - and as we stayed for 11 nights we felt we had plenty of room to unpack and settle in. All the staff are helpful and in reception there is free fruit and coffee, also a ping pong table, free internet, TV etc. Would definitely return next time we are in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank katepsi
Reviewed July 4, 2011

First I should say that I hardly ever write hotel reviews, so if I do it's because the hotel was either really good or really bad. Bed and Terrace was superb! I had a very pleasant stay at the Bed and Terrace in Chiang Mai. The staff were very welcoming and receptive to all of my questions. The room was lovely: very nice decor with special little touches. I had a corener room which was very spacious with a wide terrace and view of the hills. It was great value for the money as there was A/C, television with satellite TV and DVD player, refrigerator, hot shower and free WiFi. The guesthouse was near the night market and within walking distance of the old city. It very much felt like a home away from home, and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Chiang Mai. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We referred to tripadvisor for everything we did in Thailand and read the reviews about B&T. This place is value for money. If your on a budget and can't afford 5 star but still want a clean room, fresh sheets and clean towels everyday then B&T is for you. It's close to the markets and bars. Deks was really charming and very helpful. I heard an animal in the tree, there was a bit of a language barrier when I asked him about it, he ended up googling it and gave me a description the following day. They organised a Klantoke Dinner for us to attend which was well worth going and the food exceptional.
The bed was hard but ok for us, air conditioning was new and great to escape to the room after walking everywhere, toilet and bathroom clean. One suggestion would be to use a smaller weave mesh over the windows in the bathroom as the mosquitos still squeezed through it, but this wasn't an issue. Had free wi-fi in our room, free bananas and coffee in the lobby also two complimentary bottles of water daily. Our room was on the first floor, views nothing to write home about but we were happy. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple