Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $110.00
More Info
from $495.00
More Info
All reviews wedding photos photo shoot chai lai orchid talented photographer thai costume beautiful photos great shots elephant sanctuary incredible experience once in a lifetime highlight of our trip back home a lot of fun photoshoot capturing model portraits
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I planned my sister and brother in law’s honeymoon for them and booked a photo shoot with James at Chai Lai Orchid Elephant Sanctuary. He was incredibly flexible, quick to respond, and my sister reported back that he was amazing, fun, and knowledgeable. He made them feel at ease and guided them effortlessly through their shoot which yielded the best photos they’ve ever taken! He met them at the sanctuary and took time to have a coffee with them and get to know them as a couple. He explained the types of shots they’d do but also left room for some amazing candid shots of the couple just laughing or talking amongst themselves. He provided guidance when needed and was very encouraging. A small scheduling hiccup arrived (on our end) and I frantically emailed him in the middle of the night and he was so kind and put us at ease, reminding us “T.I.T.” this is Thailand. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and embrace the challenges and obstacles that arise, and realize it’ll still be an amazing trip. It became the catch phrase on their entire trip. He had an amazing personality and is great to work with. I’d recommend James to anyone looking for a memorable photo shoot and experience while traveling in Thailand.He loves what he does , which is evident in his work.

Date of experience: April 2019
JamesdlcCNX, Owner at DLC Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Cassia, thank you so much for your lovely review. It means a lot.
I look forward to being your photographer when you make it over to Chiang Mai. Love & Light! James

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I wanted to have anniversary pictures taken when we were on vacation. Luckily, found James through TripAdvisor. He was very responsive to questions through email. I had booked him 6 months beforehand.

James is the driver, tour guide & photographer. He was punctual picking us up at our hotel. He’s such a pleasant person to work with. Felt very personable during our photoshoot. We started at the waterfall, which is a very short hike. Then we went to the Chai Lai Orchid with the elephants. It was definitely our highlight in Chiang Mai. We were able to bathe, feed & walk with Seavoy. We had a great time.

You can tell James is very passionate about his job. The prices are very reasonable for this photoshoot. I got way more pictures than expected. I highly recommend booking James! Thank you again for a memorable day.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank kimhashai
JamesdlcCNX, Owner at DLC Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

How can I not take great photos when you guys were so lovely? I hope we meet again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2019

James was so easy to work with. After having issues getting engagement pictures taken with my photographer in California, I was getting frustrated and wondered if I could tack on a photo shoot while on vacation in Thailand. I found James through TripAdvisior and he was very quick to reply to all my emails and questions. James arranged for me to have my hair and makeup done in my hotel room and then he drove me and my fiance round trip to take pictures with the most gorgeous elephant! Having the individual time with the elephant was such a thrill and the whole experience was so relaxed and enjoyable. I would highly recommend James!

Date of experience: February 2019
JamesdlcCNX, Owner at DLC Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Aww, it was my pleasure. So happy you enjoyed our time together. Love & Light! James

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We met James the morning of our wedding after selecting him to shoot our wedding. He was so warm and friendly and really made us feel comfortable. He captured all the best moments just beautifully and we just couldn’t be any happier with the photos. He gave us direction and wonderful ideas that helped capture the beauty of our unforgettable day. We will definitely meet again, James!

Date of experience: January 2019
JamesdlcCNX, Owner at DLC Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Katie, you guys made my work easy - so lovely! Thank you and I look forward to seeing you both again :) Love & Light! James

Reviewed February 8, 2019

James is an amazing professional photographer, he is a real master of light! He can get your best profile. Loved my session with him, thanks again James!

Date of experience: June 2018
JamesdlcCNX, Owner at DLC Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

That's so kind of you, thank you so much. Love & Light!