“Simply delicious”
Review of Witty Ice Cream - CLOSED

Witty Ice Cream
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We met Wit first time 2 years ago at his stand at the night market in Chiang Mai. Now he has just opened his own hip ice cream cafe (2-10 Changmoikao Rd.)! The ice cream is amazing with exciting new flavours whenever you visit. It is freshly made on the premises and the home made waffles round off the 'witty' experience. The owner is very friendly and a visit to Witty Ice cream a must for every traveller to Chiang Mai. Dylan & Flynn

Reviewed January 31, 2009

Delicious, almost addictive! Creamy, smooth, flavorful, fresh. I've always loved ice cream since I was a child but I never ate any as special as this. The faces of adults and children alike when taking their first taste says it all, so I took a couple of pictures one evening.

The young owner told me that he makes all the ice cream himself by hand during the week and sells it personally. My favorites are rum raisin, swiss chocolate, peanut butter but he has an ever-changing variety of flavors each week. And while waiting for your turn, you can watch his partner as she makes the cones fresh using a waffle-maker type device. They're still warm when they're handed to you!

I found this ice cream cart during my vacation to Chiang Mai last winter. I returned to the city this winter for a three-month trip and have made Witty Ice Cream a weekly stop during my walks on the Sunday Market Walking Street. Sometimes I go two or three times during the course of a Sunday evening.

It's located diagonally across from Black Canyon Coffee near the beginning of the Walking Street. It's easier to find this year among the crowds than last year because now the owner has put up a big sign on a nearby street lamp.

4  Thank Joel1950dc