“Incredible Stay, Incredible Staff.”

Sabaidee Chiang Mai Hotel
Ranked #218 of 777 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Staying at Sawasdee Chiangmai House was the best part of my month-long traveling experience. My father and I stayed there for a week and will remember Sawasdee for the rest of our lives. Saman, Tangmo and the rest of the staff at this guest house go above and beyond what is expected and instantly make you feel at home. The rooms at Sawasdee are large, cool, clean, comfortable, and SO reasonably priced. Breakfast is provided and Sue and the rest of the cafe staff will serve you with large, bright and genuine smiles.

Getting around town from Sawasdee is incredibly easy, and Sam and Mo will set you up with a bike if you'd like to check out the old city that way. There are tons of eateries nearby and the Sunday night market is just a hop, skip and a jump a way.

I could not recommend Sawasdee more strongly, and I hope that you will consider making it your home away from home in Chiang Mai like my father and I did.

Room Tip: Go for top floors--fewer mosquitoes (you'll find them everywhere in Chiang Mai).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie A
There are newer reviews for Sabaidee Chiang Mai Hotel

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Sawasdee Chiangmai House is excellent!! Sam and his family are so warm, friendly and helpful. Rooms are large, very clean and nicely decorated. We loved all the wonderful wood furniture. Location is great!! Close to everything in the old city but not right in the middle of the Sunday walking street. Breakfast is wonderful and they even did special preparation for us!! We loved the availability of hot water, coffee and tea all day. For those of you doing a short working stint in Chiang mai this is a great place to stay. Wireless internet was fast and throughout the complex. Thank you Sam for such a wonderful stay!! Your kindness and help was greatly appreciated!! Look forward to seeing you next time.
Harry and Laura
Vancouver, CANADA

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the temple the best. The layout was better for us as there were two separ...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at Sawasdee last november and we absolutely LOVED it. Sam and his crew are the most friendly people you can imagine, they are almost like family! Their service is great and they are always prepared to help you, from recommending a restaurant to booking complete tours. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. We had a room with a/c and slept like a baby (the beds are firm, just like any other place in Thailand). Breakfast is included and good, we didn't tried the restaurant at night. The hotel is located in a nice and quiet street, but everything in the old city is within walking distance. I've read about people complaining about a noisy school, it didn't bother us at all and I couldn't hear the school when I was in my room. So don't worry about that! I would recommend this place to everybody, you won´t find this kind of hospitality elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a lovely little place inside the walls Of Chiang Mai. Nice simple quaint rooms and accommodation with Sam the owner who is extremely helpful. Gives good advice on what to do and where to go and nothing is ever too much trouble. Not pushy just here is what is available and he will book it there and then great guy. If you are looking for something simple like us as out 90% of the time exploring then look no further than this lovely charming guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

There are too many good things about this hotel to list. Sam the manager takes care of you. He operates this hotel with honesty, integrity and kindness. He can book you on tours right from the hotel and gives you unbiased advice and is not pushy. He booked us on Jungle Flight ziptrekking (approx-2490bht) and a day long cooking school (1000bht). Both tours were awesome and picked us up on time. Sam has no problem calling people for you and if someone is late he will call them and tell them to hurry up. Rooms are spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. Bathrooms are clean but the showers are a little dingy. Staff is very nice and Sam even arranged to have them bring our breakfast to our room the night before because we were leaving on a tour early the next morning. Bikes are included in the hotel but really need some serious tune-ups. The hotel is gated and there is a security guard at night to make you feel safe even though the surrounding area felt safe to us even late at night. Location is old city which was great. Sam is always in his office and is happy to help you with anything. I can honestly say that, for the money, this is one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Would absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the back of the hotel and were very quiet. Rooms on the south side face...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I really enjoyed our week long stay at SCH! The staff were just amazing and truly accommodating. The food was decent, and the room was immaculate. They tidied every day, wih water bottles and fresh towels! They did not push tours onto us, but we're very helpful in helping us plan our excursions. There were so many options! The road was a tad noisy, but that's Thailand for you. Ive stayed in noisier places in CM. I would most definitely stay again, and I will recommend everyone to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and absolutely loved it. It's in the old city, but it's very easy to get to anything if you know what you're doing. Sam and the staff are great. The rooms are spacious and very nice. Compared to the places down in tourist-trap land close to the night bazaar, this place is a super bargain. I recommended Sawasdeel Chiang Mai House to my in-laws who stayed there last week, and they found it equally charming. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo