“Great Tour Co” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peak Adventure

The Peak Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: White Water Rafting At maetang River, Elephant Riding, ATV Riding, Samlor Culture Photo Tour
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ft. Lauderdale
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Tour Co”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked a white water rafting tour thru a travel agent with Peak Adventure Tours. The river rafting was great and the rafting guides we had were wonderful. They even took it upon themselves to take our cameras we left on dry land and take pictures of us rafting at various places along the river. As a result I have several great pictures of us river rafting that I would not otherwise have.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank RonDavey

• Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Terrible experience. We booked the rafting and ATV. Were picked up at 9am or so for the trip and didn't even do anything until 130pm. Just lots of waiting around, it was more than an hour as they had said in the brochure. Our guide in the raft was great. He was probably the best part of the trip. Other people on our tour were complaining the whole time as well how much sitting around just stunk.
Lunch was DISGUSTING. I had some white rice. There was a chicken soup that had the scariest parts of the chicken in it.
Lots of transferring to different trucks, etc, on bumpy roads. I felt sick. It was my worst day in thailand and the tour wasn't even cheap.
I didn't do the elephants there but where we did them (chiang siam mahout training) was a great experience. These people didn't get half the stuff we did and it was like an elephant ride factory and they were so overworked. Just an awful experience, minus our nice rafting guide.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank 372Kris
London, England, United Kingdom
“kept hostage while they argued with other tourists”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were supposed to go for 3 hours ATV riding. In the end we were away from our hotel from 12:30 until 9pm. Not impressed.

We waited for ages (30 mins) in the car, while they negotiated with other tourists and picked them up. Then at the end of the ride the supervisor wanted around 3500 baht for a tiny crack in the plastic at the front of the Irish guy's quad-bike. He hadn't crashed the bike, and he was sure it wasn't him who had done the damage - and at any rate it seemed very unlikely that they'd replace the part for a new one, when similar cracks were there on the other bikes.

Either way, whoever was right, we were innocent observers and were treated unfairly - we were kept against our will at the site for 2 hours while the others argued and waited for the police to arrive. Only when the police came did our minibus back to Chaing Mai finally appear from out of nowhere, wherever it had been. I would NOT recommend this company.

Visited July 2013
Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“BORING and a 3 hour trip from Chiang Mai to get there.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Positives:
Beautiful scenery - Thai jungle surrounding you with butterflies and dragonflies to watch.

Negatives:
I got picked up at 9.20 (they couldn't find my hostel); we then stopped at their office for ten minutes, filled up with petrol, then drove for 1.5 hours. At this point we stopped at some village with no instructions as to what we were doing there. Waited about 20 minutes and then had a WHOLE HOUR of driving at about 15km/h down a pot hole filled track alongside the river. I felt so ill and I don't ever get car sick! We ended up arriving at 12pm on the dot. I was angry by this time and not optimistic about what was ahead of me.

We were served lunch straight away - a fried egg, rice, soggy vege and a chicken soup that looked way too dangerous to eat. One of them even had a dead fly in it and it was cold. So I didn't eat lunch.

The rafting trip was then a 10km trip down the river - this took 2 hours, so you can imagine how slow we were going. The safety briefing was fine - the guys knew what they were doing, but the life jackets and helmets were substandard. Going down the river felt like I was floating in a rubber dinghy - it wasn't exciting at all - and the actual rapids were tiny - a 1 or a 2 at most. Not a 3-4 level as advertised. Maybe my expectations of 'white water rafting' were too high, but the whole day was just a let down. Tedious, boring, poor quality and frustratingly long comparative to the actual time spent on the water.

Maybe all companies have to travel that far to get to a river, but I would seriously explore my options before booking. Ask the right questions - how far away is it, what grade are the rapids. If you are antipodean - kiwi/Aussie and the likes, this is to for you. I recommend 'Absolute Asia' as a booking place - Alva, an irish girl, is really honest and helpful. It's where I ams taying, but unfortunately I didn't book through them and I wish I had. It's down Loi Khroh road, just outside the canal near Tai pae gate.

No storage for your bags either - they just stay in the van. And no photos unless you have an underwater camera.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kiwiseeingallthereis
Auckland Region, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Excellent climbing day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had done a little climbing before but wanted to refresh our skills before going off on our own.

The whole process with Peak Adventures was super easy. Our guides (Tucky & June) were friendly, professional and very experienced.
They tailored the climbing to our specific level and made sure we were safe and confident.

Lunch was really good and the whole day out was good fun.

We spent the rest of the week at the crag, climbing on our own and saw Tucky and June almost every day.
Their friendliness towards us was astonishing - they genuinely wanted to know what we were up to, give advice and generally have a chat. It was so nice that even after our guided day they were so helpful.
We never felt any pressure whatsoever to sign up to another tour or use their paid services in any way. A breath of fresh air when dealing with other tour guides in Thailand.

Hollie & Joe, New Zealand