“Best Tour of the Thailand trip”
Review of The Peak Adventure

The Peak Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: White Water Rafting At maetang River, Elephant Riding, ATV Riding, Samlor Culture Photo Tour
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Tour of the Thailand trip”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My partner and I chose the white water rafting and ATV tour. It was so much fun!! If you listen to your instructors and go in with an open mind and take part in the fun side of things, you'll have an amazing time. Can't recommend this tour more. Be prepared to get wet!

Visited July 2012

• Hebrew first
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guided sport climbing”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you decide you want to go climbing in this area then avoid this company.
When picking me up late at my guest house the guides explained that they were hungover from the night before.
Once at the main office they kitted us out with the safety gear. The gear was not well maintained. The helmets were falling apart, the harnesses were filthy and the quickdraws were a lucky dip. Some looked newish whilst most looked old and in need of retirement.

I avoided using deet bug spray as it damages the materials used in this sport, however the guides did not seem to be aware or mind whether others in the group put it on near or around the kit.

There were another group climbing at the crag and they had some good knowledge of the area. When i was about to start up one route they mentioned that it was a multi pitch sport route and required a 70M rope.
The guide was not aware of this minor detail. We had a 60M rope.

I have been climbing for 4 years and instructing in the UK for 2. If I were less experienced I would have been in trouble.

If you are considering being guided by a company make sure you know the basics in sport climbing.

If I were to go climbing here again I would bring all my own kit. Don't buy it out there as it costs the same as in the UK. You are better off paying extra for baggage allowance.

Amazing crag by the way - Crazy Horse, Chiang Mai

Visited August 2012
1 Thank OwsBLEWOG
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great rafting, elephants elsewhere...”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

1.5 hrs pick up late because of late tourists. Very bumpy roads to elephants, not for road sick people. Half hour elephant ride, did not go in water with elephants, also, no time to play our pet the animals. Rushed to eat. BUT, the rafting was awesome and the guides were very good. Grade 3-4. Best part of vacation so far. Also, it would help if the guides told us what we are doing, going to do, what we are to expect doing next....it is annoying when we are herded like cattle and no one talks to you. Also, no locks for storage, only vans for your bags...unlocked.

Visited July 2012
Hexham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“White water rafting”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We did the day trip of white water rafter - With it being out of the rainy season the water was low but there were some good rapids - 4 of us went having not much experience (we're all outdoorsy people but not done much rafting before)

Took over an hour to get to the place but we a had toilet and refreshment stop - very bumpy track for a while, but it adds to the fun. Arrived and ate lunch first, food was fine and they provided plenty of bottled water.
The minibuses took our bags and belongings back down the river and kept them safe for us until we reached them at the end.
Felt safe with the instructors who were a great laugh and there was plenty of banter amongst everyone. We couldn't stop giggling throughout when we were bouncing around nearly falling in. There were some calm parts with beautiful views as well - wanted to do it again when the rapids finished!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kirst W
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Skip them”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We took a 1 day trekking which included an elephant ride, hike to a hill tribe village and a bamboo raft down the river.
The elephant ride - up a hill, down the other side, through some water and back. The elephants did not look happy, we're chained up by a foot and the mahouts used sticks with spiked metal coming out the sides (elephant's skin is 1" thick but is very sensitive - they can feel a tick bite).
Hill tribe - I thought I missed it. Nope - they just take you to hill tribes selling wares. I didn't notice any village and certainly wasn't told anything about the Karin people.
Raft ride - skipper lost his pole in the water and my boyfriend who was using one at the back end had to give him his.
Just skip this outfit.