“Baan Hanibah”

Ranked #22 of 732 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Baan Hanibah”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

After the cozy stayed at last December in Baan Hanibah, Chiang Mai, this November, my family and my brother-in-law family ( 4 adults and 3 kids) visit Chiang Mai again. at my advice, my brother-in-law agreed to stayed in Baan Hanibah. And of course, once again, we have a very nice and warm 6 days 5 nights stayed at two large family suites which each have two room. Compare to last year, they maintained their services at high standard, staffs are friendly and very helpful, rooms keep it very clean. I strongly recommended Baan Hanibah to anyone who would like to visit Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: If you go by large family, inform them earlier, to book the only tow family suites, you won't re...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this place. I went a few years ago in May and everyone there was so nice and the accommodations were perfect. I stayed in a room with two double beds and it was detached from the main house. The water was always hot, the room was always clean and the included breakfast was always delicious. I know there are super cheap Hostels you can stay at while in Chiang Mai, but I really wanted to stay somewhere nice and centrally located and this place was perfect. I dream of going back there all the time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Southport, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Baan Hanibah for 6 days; we had a little suite upstairs with a separate bedroom each, and we paid the equivalent of $29 per night including an amazingly comprehensive breakfast - great value! The girls at reception were always friendly, helpful and smiling; the location was perfect, right in the heart of the city but quiet; beautiful tropical gardens; comfortable beds and cleanliness throughout. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NannaAnna2013
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was a time in the past we stayed at Baan Hanibah, but it's defintely worth to highlight this guesthouse after this long time.
At this time, we were on a trip from Java / Indonesia to Chiang Mai and at every airport, we used the free WiFi to communicate and settle the reservation for a free room with Baan Hanibah. The communication via mail was very friendly and therefore we decided to go there. They organized a pickup from the airport because we arrived very late. All was well prepared as written in the mails.
When we arrived at the guesthouse, we were really suprised about the location. We saw a pretty nice house built with teak wooden and very beautiful rooms. Many places can be reached by food, but we rent a Scooter and we could park it in a safe place within the guesthouse.
The price was very good and breakfast was included. The people were always very friendly and helpful and I can definitely recommend this guesthouse. The plan was to stay just three days, but we extended our stay to 8 days. Of course, we will stay again there at our next visit in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I and my girlfriend stayed for two weeks at Baan Hanibah and what we can say that it was simply great! The staff is very friendly and always at your service. The location of the hotel is right at the inner corner but not overlooking the main road so you won't hear all the noise coming from the traffic. The breakfast is very tasty. They offer traditional Thai Rice Soup with Fish that is delicious! The bed is very comfortable to sleep in. We were very impressed by the quality of the house. It is very beatiful, very clean , there's a terrace where you can relax and have a drink. And most of all you feel yourself if you were at home!
If you are planning your visit to Chiang Mai Baan Hanibah will be the best place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent a long time researching hotels for our stay in Chiang Mai before deciding on this B&B. Baan Hanibah is a great is a great location to base your. stay. The proprietors responded and confirmed our request by email, very quickly. The atmosphere is wonderful; the beds are great; the wireless is free and works well; there are small desks for working; free coffee and tea in the common area; there are about 50 channels on the TV; it is clean; breakfast is good; the staff are awesome; there is a desktop if you didn't bring a computer; I really can't think of anything I would change.

For a couple traveling with children I highly recommend Rooms 9 and 10. They are separated at one end of the house and have a large bed for two in one room and two large single beds in the other. The rooms open into a separate sitting area and desk, with a nice sink and mirror and an adjacent room with a toilet and large shower.

A couple of tips if you haven't been to Chiang Mai before, there are fixed price taxis for 125 baht that will take you from the airport into town. The taxis are full sized vehicles, and can be quite nice - ours was a very nice leather appointed SUV. There is an ATM at the airport, but a word of warning. All of the ATMs charge at least 150 baht and most 180 baht for withdrawing case - this is about 5 to 6 $US - quite a rip-off. In contrast there are no commissions at the many currency exchanges, although the airport ones give a poorer exchange rate than those in town. Thailand is one of the few places where it might actually make sense to exchange cash. As well, credit cards are less widely accepted than in most other places - Cash is King!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Curt99
Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just love these personal & cozy B&B's.

You can really tell when it's a family run business, with staff that is genuinely interested and have the drive, knowledege & understanding of what it takes to run a successful B&B/guesthouse/hotel. After spending 8 nights at Baan Hanibah, it comes as no surprise that they keep winning Tripadvisor awards year after year.

I stayed in the singel room on the bottom floor right next to the frontdesk and breakfast area. The room is not big, but it is more than enough for 1 person.

Pro's:

* The staff.

* The price.

* The bed was the best bed I've ever slept in, while in Thailand. If you don't like rock hard beds this one's for you.

* You get a 32" LCD TV (pretty rare for B&B/guesthouses) with a decent amount of channels. Most of them are Thai, but I think you got 3-4 english channels (SyFy Asia). I got more watchable channels in this B&B than I got at a supposedly 4 star appartment.

* Awesome AC

* The noise thing in my oppinion is a non-issue. I had no problems with loud noises whatsoever.

Con's:

* No refridgerator in the rooms. 1 shared guest fridge on the second floor.
* No restaurant in-house (not surprising this being a B&B)
* No pool ;)

All in all this was the highlight of my 5 week vacation in Thailand. The girls at the frontdesk were super helpfull.

I asked for directions, places to eat, where to get massages they always had an answer. They always greet you with a smile, and I looked forward to breakfast every day. Sitting outside in their little garden thingy in the morning having your breakfast was just heavenly.

Next time in Chiang Mai, I will definetly book a room at Baan Hanibah.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo