“Memorable stay in Chiang Mai”

Na Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #141 of 375 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Alberta, Canada
“Memorable stay in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Na Inn for a week with my 66 year old mother. And I have to say it was the best hotel stay ever. The room was clean and very spacious, with the basic comforts - a big fridge, balcony, AC, wifi, and a dozen complimentary water bottles in the room. There is also a mini mart in the main floor for drinks and snacks. The location is excellent, in the center of the old city. Most major attractions like Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Phra Singh, and the weekly night market are minutes walking distance. I could not have asked for a better deal for 650 baht a night.

The manager Maew Phirapa and staff were the friendliest, most helpful and genuine. They went above and beyond to meet our every need. They helped me with rental motorbike and planning our daily trips.

Our vacation was so awesome that we extended few more days, and only on our last day did we realise that we haven't booked our return trip to Bangkok, and our preferred coach was already full for the next few days. The night shift receptionist Decha himself drove me to the bus station in the morning so I could purchase tickets with a decent coach. Extraordinary personal service, after duty hours!!!

I cannot wait for a long vacation in Chiang Mai, and will definitely stay Na Inn. Their genuine hospitality and warmth beats the overrated services of 5star hotels.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank AnulM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glenelg, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the beginning of December in a twin room. The room was basic but clean. We got clean towels each day. The whole guest house seemed a little rundown, a new coat of paint would probably go a long way. The location was good, close to walking street on Sunday and not far from the night bizaar. Staff was friendly and helpful. Certainly not bad for the price (650 baht/night).

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at NA Inn for 2 nights whist visitng Chiang Mai and it had everything we needed. The reception lady was very friendly hand always smiling was happy to help with any querys. The room was very big but basic and clean, beds were big and the shower was hot. The location is Great around 10 minutes walk to the main area such as the night market etc, a great little travel agents next door which we booked our treck with and couldn't fault the service provided. There wasn't breakfast included but you were able to make some toast and a hot drink in the lobby, the Inn was good for what we needed and had no complaints.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Podgorica, Montenegro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed two nights at Na Inn.

On the plus side, the hotel was reasonably clean, though not spotless. The room was large, though we didn't feel compelled to stay inside and benefit from it much. There is a large fridge with complimentary water bottles. The mattresses were OK, the bedsheets and towels perfectly clean, the AC worked, and there was hot water in the shower. There were no bugs.

On the downside, the place just feels faded and grimy, somehow. There is mold in the bathroom, and a strong smell of dampness emanating from it as there is no way for the air to circulate when you take a shower.

The manager or owner was very nice and helpful, and the staff was helpful in general. The guesthouse is located in the Old City, so you're close to a number of great temples, as well as many tourist-centered restaurants and bars. It's easy to walk in and around the Old City, so for that the Na Inn is a decent option. It's very close to the Sunday walking street.

If it were about 200B cheaper, it would be a pretty good bargain; but for this price you can find superb options just outside the Old City. Perhaps if the place was given a coat of fresh paint and a good scrub it wouldn't feel overpriced, but as it is I can't recommend it as a budget-friendly option.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Triseult
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very large, clean room. Breakfast is a very basic help yourself job but fine for the price. We extended our stay in January to see the flower festival which was well worth it and we were easily accommodated. AC was really good and the hotel is in a great location to access all sights and amenities.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Basic, but very big and clean rooms. Our room had a really nice view over the city and mountains on the fourth floor, but no elevator. Awesome AC and wifi. Convenient location, with a shop on the bottom floor for water, beer & snacks. Really friendly and helpful owner who speaks good English. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has a great view, but there's no elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I have never been so affronted or offended as I was dealing with the night guard of Na Inn while trying to find somewhere to stay. The very large neon sign out the front said VACANCY so as I entered and said hello the man waved, which turned out to be a goodbye wave. He did not speak a word of English but seemed to understand me and did his utmost best to continue watching tv and pretend I was not standing 30cm from him. I had to talk very loud to make him look at me, and he just get waving me away. I suspect they had vacancies as the sign said and he was just too busy watching tv to escort a customer to a room. Disgusting service, so glad I did not give them my money, as I shop ethically and horrendous and rude people do not deserve my good money when there are dozens of places within walking distance e.g. Diva just up the road.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo