“Brilliant Elephant training, a MUST do if u visit Chiang Mai!!”

Magical Elephant Training
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive to T.I.C travel is the Magical Elephant Training Camp. You will take care of your elephant for a full day, learning about the behavior, lifestyle and personality of elephants from our English speaking tourguide. You will learn how to control, bath and play with your elephant as though you were a mahout, whilst riding bareback through the hills and jungle for the whole day. Duration - 8 hours.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Brilliant Elephant training, a MUST do if u visit Chiang Mai!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Elephant training was brilliant! Firstly they give you the appropriate clothing to change into before u go to feed all the elephants. After that they train u to get on the elephant before going on a jungle trek and then you get to go into the water and wash the Elephants. Our guide for the day was Puzza who was great and kindly took all our cameras and documented the day for us all whilst we was with the elephants. Overall this is a defiant must do if you visit Chiang Mai, I'd defiantly go again if I re visited.

Visited April 2013

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of our holidays in Thailand”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After much thought about what kind of elephant experience to have while we visited Chiang Mai with my wife and kids, we finally decided for a 1 full day in an elephant camp.
We chose BaanChang out of the 2-3 similar camps in the area more focused on sustainability and protection of the elephants.
This was a great experience for both adults and kids. You do feel real close to the elephants which makes it much more enjoyable and purposeful than a simple 1 hr ride or to witness circus type of elephant attractions.
These 2-3 camps are not profit oriented and you feel that what you pay is going to be reinvested in the welfare of the animals. All that while you have a great time. Bathing the elephants and riding them on their backs with no artificial chairs of any kind was fantastic.
This review does not attempt to compare BaanChang to those other few responsible camps. Reading other reviews, they may be similar. However, I would strongly recommend anyone to look at the credentials and chose these camps Vs other less scrupulous options.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jose Luis G
Whitby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Plus Sizes bring your own clothes”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friends and I had a great experience at the Baan Change Elephant Park. They were really nice people, and we loved interacting with the elephants. Our guide was very pleasant. The day was not as long as indicated on the website - it was more like a half day, but we were exhausted by the time it was over, so we weren't upset. We were the 1st group of the day, so we were picked up at 7:15am and we left the park around 1pm. We loved riding and playing with the elephants. Getting up on them can be difficult. If you have trouble jumping, the mahouts will help you, but be prepared to be touched on your butt. The lunch was good. We had lots of water provided for us. Because I am a bigger woman, I wore my bathing suit, expecting to not fit their uniforms. The biggest size they had was 3X. The pants were fine, but the top didn't shut properly, so I was glad I had my bathing suit on to stay modest. As long as you have clothes that you don't mind getting dirty and wet, you will be fine. Jeans are best on the bottom.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Katherine H
Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best day of our trip!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were not sure what to expect when we decided to go to baan chang elephant park but we were pleasantly suprised. Tum and all of the mahouts clearly care for the elephants and treat them like their friends. We only spent one day with the elephants and wish we had spent another day or 2. After our trip at the park, we feel that the elephants are looked after and treated as they should be, with care and respect and would recommend baan chang elephant park. Even when we arrived Tum greeted us and took us to our room. He then invited us for food which was amazing, I have never eaten so much good food! He was a fantastic host and made the trip worth every penny. For us it was an unforgettable experience :)

Visited December 2012
Hammond, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Memories”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Before choosing a place to visit the elephants, I read a lot about them and the rampant problems with mistreatment in Thailand. I wanted to spend some time with these glorious animals, and I wanted my baht spent to go towards their care. I considered the Elephant Nature Park, and I highly believe I would have a had a great experience there as well. I also looked into Patara. Because Patara costs A LOT and we are not wealthy, I immediately disregarded them.

Baan Chang had us ride the elephants bare back (not in a wicker basket), and the owner talked a lot about the welfare and treatment of the elephants. I did not ever feel the elephants were mistreated, and I think the money we spent for the day was put back into their care. The food was lovely, and the time spent was unforgettable. I would go back again and I would recommend Baan Chang in a heartbeat.

Some of our best memories in Thailand was here.

Visited December 2012