As part of a SEA trip with family we consciously chose some low key apartments off the usual tourist trail. The choice of two-bedroom suites at the time if booking seemed limited and only the Napat kept coming up. As this was the type of accommodation we were looking for and the overall good reviews, we decided to go for it and booked 8 nights.
After 2 nights however, we decided to move out again:
- the rooms were nowhere near as good in terms of decorative state as suggested in the pics. The furniture is tired and worn and of cheap quality
- rooms were not clean and not cleaned properly during the stay (table tops were greasy when we moved in, chairs stained, bed sheets also stained and discoloured
- the master bedroom had some pest infections with what looked like little larvae or worms near and on the bed
- the nearby bars on the main road can be heard with thumping music late into the night, even ear plugs could not really block the noise
- service staff did not seem inclined to deliver any service. Breakfast service was typical: waitresses sitting behind blinds, chatting and using their mobiles. If you wanted coffee or tea, you had to walk over to their enclosure to place your order.
- the free car park right in front was a plus as we had a car, however for night time trips into town, taxis were a problem (long wait, not all drivers willing to take you back to the Napat). Without your own transport you will be challenged as there is little in the neighbourhood other than 7elevens and student-type facilities.
After the third horrible night, we eventually moved into a 5* hotel in town to actually let the holiday start proper.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Grand Napat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Napat Hotel Chiang Mai