“2 hours of bliss in the mayhem of Chiang Mai”
Review of Peak Spa

The Peak Spa Package in Chiang Mai
Ranked #27 of 259 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Conveniently located near the Night Market in a quiet and unfrequented street Peak Spa is an essential urban retreat where you can de-stress, relax, and rejuvenate in a serene and spacious atmosphere.Relax revitalize and indulge your body under the guidance of experienced Therapists.Peak Spa provides a full range of specialty treatments including Traditional Thai Massage, Ayurvedic massage (shirodhara), hot stone massage and hot oil massage or Boby scrub. We offer a large selection of services designed for both women and men.Easy booking online from our website, spa package promotions available online, complimentary transportation round trip (even with luggage)... Quality and satisfaction is our main priority. Open everyday from 10am to 10pm.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed November 30, 2012

You can get a massage in hundreds of establishments in Chiang Mai, but for a real treat it was worth paying a little extra and visiting the Peak Spa. We booked in advance for the Peak Passion. This was a 2 hour package including body scrub or body wrap, aromatherapy oil massage and herbal foot massage. 1500 bahts per person, around £31 UK price, a fraction of the price you would pay for a similar treat at Champneys or Elemis in London.

We were picked up from our hotel in an air conditioned car and from the moment we arrived at the Spa we were utterly pampered. Slippers, herbal tea and a chance to choose the aromatherapy oil used for your massage to match your mood were the first steps. We were then taken into the spotlessly clean treatment room by the two ladies who would do our treatments. Before starting they checked what pressure you like from soft to sports massage intensity.

Soft music and lighting immediately made one feel relaxed and then my husband and I enjoyed a sea salt scrub, then a shower before one of the best massages I've ever had. They finished with our feet and heads before we had another tea before being driven to a destination of our choice almost too relaxed to bother with shopping and the busy CM streets.

All reviews
"great massage"
in 7 reviews
"spa package"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 8 reviews
"two hours"
"night market"

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The pick up service is really great, even I asked to pick me up at Saturday Market. And they drove me back to my stay place after the massage. I like their variety of spa menu. I can try something different, such as Shirodhara, Ayurevedic Head and Body Massage. I like that more time were spent for head massage. I also tried Thai Massage another day. It's so so not impressive. The environment is very good, quiet and clean. There were just a few very loud English speaking old man at the reception, boasting about how well they know Chiang Mai, trying to impress a few girls. I don't blame the spa. Some people just don't have manner.

Reception is very friendly and the lady remembered me when I went there the second time. My therapist, Luck, is very talent and patient. After giving me massage, she also did manicure and pedicure for me. That's a total of 4.5 hours. Her focus on her job really impressed me.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We pick a “bye-bye” package before we get on our departure flight in the late afternoon. Unlikely to go again because:

1. Therapists – They tend to use a very strong and fast work out and we feel that we are in a Thai boxing all through the Thai massage. There are couples of occasions we feel painful when a strong motion applied to some sensitive area, e.g. inner thigh. We have indicated to the therapist a softer tone will be fine, but the same tone applies – they’ve got their style. I’ve got a couple of bruise on my legs after the massage. No kidding.
2. Product quality – Since we have only Thai massage, there is not much we can comment on. The only issue is the herbal steam is not so herbal.
3. Accessibility - The pick-up ad drop-off service is nice – no hustle and bustle to look for the spa and go to the airport.
4. Cleanliness – The spa room is rather dim and we are not sure about the cleanliness. Seems to be OK, at least there is no bad smell.
5. Atmosphere – It’s quite a neighborhood spa and nothing luxury – you pay what you get.

This is a convenient spa located in the city centre and the offer of pick-up/ drop-off is a good idea. However, the Thai massage in boxing style is not really our cup of tea.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

In our short trip in Chiang Mai, my wife and I have 4 massages in 3 Spas in 5 days. Peak Spa was the last one we tried.

Not in the cheap range but good value. The location is very good right in the center of the old city nearby some famous chain hotels. The environment is clean. The best is they would pick you up and drive you to and from your hotel / airport. The driver and staff were very friendly and the pick-up time of the car was very punctual.

It seems everything was tourist friendly. However, I rated them down because of the therapists. They looked very experience no doubts. My wife and I had 2-hour Thai massages. Both therapists had a main problem. Too fast on a big press. The best therapist will press a point slowly from soft to hard. It was critical to minus one star from my rating. When it makes you still feel painful on certain points on the body a couple of days, it tells you.

Another half star I minus because of the therapists as well. The 2 therapists kept chatting over the 2-hour massage could not make me feel relax although they were talking in very low volume. Not very serious.

2  Thank wichan70