“Consistent excellent quality french food in Chiang Mai”
Review of Chez Marco

Chez Marco
Order Online
Ranked #109 of 2,814 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning Mediterranean cuisine served in Chiang Mai
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Chez Marco is a spot I've visited several times now, with consistently high quality food. They have a large menu (the duck breast and duck confit are especially good), and the blackboard specials seem to always deliver. The prices are very reasonable for the high quality, and to me, the mark of excellence is the ability to provide that quality every time. Marco meets the threshold.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

Chez Marco Restaurant in Chiang Mai offers an extensive menu of excellent food, & friendly service in a comfortable environment

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

I returned to Chez Marco last night after not having been back in almost 2 years. I can attest that the food here remains great and compared to some of the other high end haute cuisine places around an incredible value.

We shared the 5 tapas wine plate (with no wine) for 290 baht and both considered it good value and tasty. My friend had the shrimp and squid flambé (310 baht) and along with the presentation it was quite good. I opted for the duck breast (295 I think) and ordered it rare because I have had it over cooked at more highly rated establishments. It was exceptional and probably the best duck I have tasted in Chiangmai anywhere over many years and many fine establishments. I also ordered a potato dish (forgot the name but similar to scalloped potatoes) and it was a perfect compliment with just the right amount of seasoning including salt.
Finally we shared the trio for dessert of chocolate mousse, creme brûlée and ice cream and we both were impressed with the value as well as the tastes. My favorite was the brûlée and my friend loved the mousse and we both thought the ice cream was perfect to clean the palate to enjoy the other ones.
Pictures of a great meal worth every baht included

1  Thank Howie_Katz_13
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious, staff really nice, good wine selection! We’ll go back for sure! Not open for lunchtime

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

This place is truly wonderful! It surpasses any expectations that I have for French restaurant in Thailand. The service,food quality and location can’t be better. I have been here at least 5 times this trip. I keep coming back because every meal seems better than the last. Quality here exceeds the price! Well done.

Date of visit: November 2017