“Even if you're in a hurry”
Review of Huen Phen

Huen Phen
Ranked #184 of 2,192 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

15 minutes. 50 baht. One Khao soy, one sticky rice.

I was in a hurry but last year I had been to this place and I couldn't miss it. I was in and out in 15min. The khao soy was amazing, not too spicy although it did make me sweat, but it was great. The service was good and they were very nice. All for 50 baht. Need I say more?

2  Thank Juan Pablo E

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My favorites: Sai Oua (spicy northern thai sausage), nam prik ong (spicy pork and tomato chili paste), gang ho (spicy vermicelli noodles with veggies and meat) tham tua makhua (spicy roasted long beans and eggplants served with boiled egg) khanom jeen nam ngeaw (thin white noodles served in a clear spicy red curry broth with congealed blood, ground pork, pork ribs, dok ngeaw, bean sprouts, preserved cabbage, tomatoes, scallions, and some fried garlic on top. you can order khan thoke during dinner time which comes with a variety of northern thai dishes, but in smaller portions, as well as sticky rice, and dessert. I come here every single time I'm in Chiangmai. There are other cheaper restaurants that serve the same fare, but there's something about this place that keeps me coming back.

1  Thank amylaic
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Huen Phen they are open in the morning and close at 16.00 hrs. we love the food outhere, the day we reach Chiang Mai we always visit this resturant even before we leave for the Airport, anywhere we are we will back to this resturant before they closed. Its funny right but for us this is the real test of Lanna food (last trip from Pai we direct to have lunch here !, this time from Mae-Rim direct to Huen Phen) 5555

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great lunch for five people--five courses plus lots of great sticky rice = $10 total. Really great food, great Thai iced tea, mostly Thai locals. The service was not so great but the food made up for the. Spotty service w here we sometimes felt ignored. The atmosphere was authentically local.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went there at 1100am, and was absolutely ignored by all the waiters, even though the restaurant wasn't even that busy. i decided to take the menu to the cook, and she helped me out with the order right away. I ordered the jack fruit salad, and a grilled curried fish, which, both were very good. however, is it much better than other restaurants? i doubt it. would i come back, probably not, as i don't enjoy rudeness.