All reviewsawana houseroof terracetop floorold cityswimming poollert roscooking lovesunday marketfamily roomguest houseair conshared bathroomeast gateclean roomsstayed here for nightslovely guesthousetha phae gate
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We are there for the fourth time in september 2012. You see the guesthouse still grow every year in Interior and atmosphere. Very good and quiet location. Their own restaurant, massage-shop and travel agency. A terrace with swimming pool on the ground floor and a quiet terrace on the top floor. The daily cleaning of your room, private bathroom with hot water always, safe and refrigerator as well as the balcony are standard for virtually every room. The staff and the manager who assist also gives you a good feeling.
No point of discussion for us we are going there for the fifth time next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

very firendly, helpfull and profesional contact via e-mail prior to my arrival. booked 3 different dates (always same categorie) for my stops in chiang mai during my 3 months journey through SEA. my first room (1 night) was lovely, 2nd floor with a nice and comfy bed, spacious bathroom and nice balcony. there was a construction site, they where next to the ground at this time, work startet around 8.30. if you come from a long distance flight not really nice. after one week i returned for another 4 nights and got a corner- room, seemed smaller then the first room, the bathroom was half the size then the first. the worst was that the construction site just in front of my room reached the 2nd floor and on the other side there are the balconies from the neighbouring hotel. also this balcony has a wall to your neighbour and all balconies have a fence (i think some people throw garbage from the balconie earlier) so you felt like sitting in a cage. if you wanted a little privacy you had to keep the curtains shut and and due to the construction work you could only enjoy the balcony at the evening. the first room had a nice sliding door to the balcony, the second a fence and a wooden door, so with the curtains closed and the balcony door shut it was really dark all the time..
the staff is helpfull if you ask about something, one of them even googled an adress for me and wrote it down in thai for the tuk tuk driver. other ones didn`t even recognize or greet you.
yes it is a bargain for the location, free wifi, clean, pool etc. but it would have been nice to know that there is a construction site next door, maybe other rooms have not been affected that much or so. anyway, i cancelled my 3rd stay due to a change of my travel plans and hope to come back someday under better circumstances

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jewel031
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We left Awana last week. Our initial stay was for 4 days. we have a double room with en suite and air con on the second floor. The the room was big with a balcony. I we thought the room was great. ThE decor is quite dark which makes the rooms look a little dated but ignore this as they are very clean with everything you need including free wifi, and a safe deposit box. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. I we organised a 3 day trek through them which was the best fun ever and actually cheaper through Awana as everyone else on our trek had paid more! Breakfasts are great, but especially the stuffed chicken omelette! I location is perfect, and really near everything but quiet at night. The locals eat at a restaurant on the same road which we would recommend visiting. The guesthouse has a lovely terrace and a pool, and but this is by reception so felt a bit weird so we didn't use it. Overall, we would stay again. Not good if you want a party hotel but great if want a great location with great serVice and a relaxing environment. It's also very safe thanks to gates that are locked every night.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street as there is building work at The back of the hotel at the moment which can wake you up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beaversalad
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Awanahouse is a beautifully decorated guesthouse within the old city moat of Chiang Mai. Owner Ron (of Dutch descent) and his Thai crew are welcoming and give you a home-away-from-home feeling. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and very clean. You'll get great value for money. Highly recommended place! They also have a massage saloon opposite the guesthouse.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Shandong_12
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé stayed here for 2 nights in In October. Our room was beautiful (302) it had a 4 poster bed, amazing shower and private balcony. The bed was the most comfortable thing I've slept in since I've been travelling! Excellent location just off Sunday walking market street and very good price 650 baht. There are lots of areas to relax downstairs and on the terrace upstairs, with a very Arabic feel to the design. The only downside was building work outside our room at 8.30 am but it didn't bother us too much! All in all would highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed: October 2012