Awanahouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chiang Mai
See available hotels
Hotel M Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Kavil Guesthouse(Chiang Mai)
Ampawan(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Top North Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Roong Ruang Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
All reviewsawana houseroof terracethapae gatetop floorold cityswimming poolcooking lovefamily roomguest housesunday marketshared bathroomair consmall laneclean roomsstayed here for nightslovely guesthousefan room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed in the fan room, was 225 baht a night!! Bargain. Extra discount being a solo traveller. Awana really puts in effort to make the place nice and it looks much better than on the website. Rooms are cleaned daily. I stayed in the fan room. Which was really hot. So if you are a person who likes to spend a lot of their time in their room during the day I would advise against the fan room. But there is an area outside of the room Panarama Level where you can relax and is much cooler. The place is very clean and has nice colourful rooms, safe, cupboards, bed side lamps etc.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Accommodation in Chiang Mai doesn’t get better than the Awanahouse. I stayed several weeks while taking a TM course. Initially I was the only TM student at the Guest House but once others had a chance to visit they promptly left their own guesthouses for Awana. It’s lovely! I’d discovered Awanahouse on line from Canada and knew I wanted to stay there because of its prime location, the pool, the spa and the PRICE! Great value for the money!!! The photos on the web site don’t quite capture the beautiful details or feel of the place, plant life, murals, smiles and serenity. You have to see it. You won’t be disappointed. The staff are kind and professional, the grounds and the rooms are clean and cared for… what more can I say…
Awana go back!

Room Tip: check out trip advisor ;)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We are a family of three traveling Asia for five weeks. We booked two weeks at the Awanahouse and loved every minute of it. Close to Thaepae gate, you are within walking distance of the night bazaar, Saturday and Sunday markets, warrorot market, and many different key areas. The staff is helpful, the establishment is very, very clean, the pool is refreshing during the hot and humid season, the rooftop veranda is great for chilling out. The place is security gated at night. We were so impressed with our accommodations that we talked five friends into booking for a night after returning from living in the Lahu village for 12 days. Wireless capability is fast! We will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get what you need.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The Awanda guesthouse is a nice and quit place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and get cleaned whenever you want to. De wallpaintings and other nice details make the guesthouse a very good place to stay. The people who work there are kind and always ready to help. There is an massage salon across the street that belongs to the guest house and they give good but cheap massages. All and all we had a great time and I can really recommend this geusthouse to all.

Room Tip: The top rooms are hotter then the ones below
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
rabertsch, Manager at Awanahouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind write-up and letting people know your appreciation for our guesthouse.

Regarding the Room-tip remarks:
All our rooms have air-conditioning (and a fan), except 2 rooms at our top roof floor. These 2 rooms have only a fan and the rate for these rooms are thus very low-budget (people can check the rates at our website). Indeed in these 2 rooms, in hot season it can get hotter without air-conditioner

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights when I arrived to Chiang Mai, and I was very happy with the guesthouse!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped with all my queries and suggestions. The room was comfortable and clean. The room was cleaned daily, and the bed was comfortable. There was a television, fridge, room safe etc. Great value for money. I reserved my room before I arrived, the booking process was very easy.
There is a small swimming poor, roof terrace and welcoming front garden, seating area for relaxing and chilling out after a long day.

I couldn’t fault the guesthouse. I would definitely stay again and recommend!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo