Thaphae Garden Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
$550
$252
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$96
$55
$375
$340
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housenight bazaarrooms are largetucked awaylaundry serviceguesthousereceptiontoursnightlifechiangmotorbike
Reviewed December 5, 2013

verry nice welcom at the guesthouse, friendly and helpfull.
the room was nice and clean with a nice bathroom, the best room i had in thailand :)
it's location is quiet and not far from the center of chiang mai (in 5 min walking)
for me if i go back to chiang mai it would be in thaphae garden gusthouse

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

we stay at Thaphae Garden Guesthouse for 4 days and have a very good rest time at here .this is a very quiet and comfortable place ,no noisy sound from outsider and thick shades can make you have a very sweet dream till noon time.staff are very friendly and helpful ,they gave us a good information about the Loy Krathong Festival.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was a great value for the money. The owner and staff were more then helpful when trying to book out of town trips and when we were trying desperately to get in touch with friends. The rooms were basic but clean. Thaphae Garden was in a central location and within walking distance for everything we wanted to do. All in all we had an amazing time in Chiang Mai and Thaphae Garden definitely help with the all over experience.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The guesthouse was neat, clean, with fan, TV, swimming pool, nice and helpful staff - family business. It's situated 10 minutes from the old town and ten minutes from Night bazaar, great location. We stayed there 6 nights and the price was great. They can organize a excursions for you and next morning mini bus picks you up in front of the guest house.

1  Thank Pavlinjo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Seriously. For the price you pay this Hotel is absolutely wonderful. I found the staff (family owners perhaps) welcoming and willing to help. I am not going to say a bad word about this place. I can't. They say you get what you pay for. Well even by Thai standards and prices I think this hotel gets it spot on. It's not a 5 star spa hotel. You are not paying for it. But the prices, the location, the service available, the tidiness of rooms, the layout of the hotel and how it is kept... FANTASTIC!
Now others may disagree. Matter of opinion. But manners count. I watched at the reception as a rude female backpacker walked in. The way she spoken to the lady behind the reception was cold and rude. Manners count both ways. I tried to smile (hard for me lol) at all times and thanked them all the time. If I return to Chiang Mai I am definetely using this beautiful hotel again. Why risk going anywhere else. I did not use the pool, their bar or try breakfast from them. I can only comment on how happy I was with the room, service and reception/staff. We used their reception to book and pay for a few activities also. If the hotel gets commission from them then your helping them and they certainly are helping you as it's very convenient. You could ask them to book an excursion at 6pm for you went out into Town for a meal. Next morning your getting picked up for the excursion. Saves loads of time. Plus added benefit of them speaking thai to the activity company you choose. My friend stopped here an extra night (when I left to Bangkok a day ahead of him) and he booked a biking trip with 2 men direct from the hotel (their own trips) and he told me he very much enjoyed it also.
So bearing in mind the price... IMHO... FANTASTIC.

Stayed three nights from 5th November and stayed in Room 211 (air con).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends