“Great Place, Great Prices, Great Staff”
Review of The Olde Bell British Pub - CLOSED

The Olde Bell British Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: The Olde Bell is a British/Australian style pub situated in the heart of Chiang Mai's entertainement district. It is a great place to meet local ex-pats and chat at the bar over a pint about Chiang Mai life. The well stocked bar includes draught Guinness and a local microbrewery brown ale as well as Chang and Tiger. There is a pool table and darts board for customers use. The extensive menu is of good quality British and Australian Pub Grub including The Great British Breakfast, Fish 'n Chips, Steak 'n Kidney Pie, Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Parmigiana. A warm welcome awaits you!
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's kind off sad that I only became a regular here just before they decided to close, which is a shame because it's one of the nicest little British pubs in Northern Thailand.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great British food and a great pint of beer. The children loved the stodgy large portions and it was really nice to chat with some of the local retired English. Sad to hear that this place is closing down, what a shame.

2  Thank Cat W
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The kids spotted this one and we thought a-ha, bangers & mash, yorkshire pudding, snake and pygmy pie, fish & chips.

Well yes, it is that kind of place, don't you know. But having never been to blighty we don't have much to judge it against. But my husband did enjoy his pint of ale!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently started to feel a little homesick (or was in need of a good British Sunday Roast), either way, The Olde Bell British Pub cured me. I ordered a huge Sunday Roast with a variety of meats (chicken, pork, beef and lamb) along with chips and curry sauce. While I was waiting I was able to read a photocopy of the Sunday Times, and for a minute I thought I was actually in my local. When the food arrived it did not disappoint, the curry sauce was delicious and the Sunday Roast tasted just like my dads :). It was great to have the option to use my pound coins that have been weighing me down since leaving Heathrow airport 6 months ago.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Olde Bell is the place to go for a bit of peace and quiet and a reliable if not great meal. Mine host, Pedr, is always ready with a broad smile and a friendly chat.

He works hard at looking after his expat and tourist customers with regular newsletters,discounts for regulars, the latest sport on big screen and special events. His all you can eat barbecues are not to be missed. A great break from the usual bar scene in Loi Kroh Rd.