See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2017

This was the best hostel I stayed at throughout my trip through thailand! I was lucky enough to stumble in once getting to Chiang Ma, and I am happy I did! I had originally planned on staying in Chiang Ma for 2 days, but with how great a place this was I didn't want to leave and ended up staying for 4 more nights! Then I left for Pai and stayed at their sister location SpicyPai!!! And then decided to go back to Chiang Ma, to stay at you guessed it.. SpicyThai! The Hostel was clean, cheap, had A/C rooms, extremely social atmosphere, and great employees who remember your name and are helpful in all situations! Having access to the kitchen there was also one of the best things about this hostel. Don't get me wrong I love me some toast and bananas but sometimes you need something different and having a kitchen made that possible! Throughout the rest of my trip I referred everyone I talked to towards staying at SpicyThai because I wanted them to have a great time on their trips, and I know SpicyThai helps make that happen. Staying here was the highlight of my trip and I don't think I would have had half as good of a time without being apart of the Spicy-family.

Keep it Spicy!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

I planned on staying 3 nights, I ended up extending for 6; that's how much I loved it
Perfect for solo travellers, the layout of the hostel is made as such that you are pretty much guaranteed to make friends. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the vibe is great; overall favourite hostel I've come across in Thailand!
The beds aren't the comfiest, but for the overall experience, it's a minor detail!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2017

The rooms are quite small and packed together but hey have lots of showers and toilets. The showers were all cold when I was there. They have a big common area with lots of books and a tonne of movies to watch. They sell beer very cheaply and organise an activity every night. The only negative is that it's quite a walk to the main square of chiang mai and far from the main bar area.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2017

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. Excellent hostel with clean rooms and bathrooms. Common area makes it very easy to meet other travellers and make friends. The hostel organizes events every night, from ladyboy shows and muay thai fights to pub crawls. The staff will help you book any events you want to do during the day.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Spicythai is a small hostel that is perfect to make friends, everyday they organize activities in Chiang Mai that everyone can enjoy together. The hostel is clean and cheap, best place to stay in Chiang Mai.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends