Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
audge455
Saint Paul, Minnesota

Filthy, nightmare of a hotel. Stay away!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 17, 2012
This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I didn't know that such a horribly filthy and disgusting hotel existed, much less could stay in business. It's outdated, but outdated I can do. It's tacky, but tacky I can do. It's poorly decorated, but poorly decorated I can do. Things I cannot do include blood on the sheets, dirt on the sheets, a clogged sink, I shower that doesn't work (except for an inconsistent drip from the bath), carpet that's peeling up and covered in dirt and pieces of trash, amongst other things. The list goes on. The stairwells had dirty clothes and dirty dishes in them, from what, I don't know. The walls were covered in mold. Every inch of that hotel is covered in dirt and the entire hotel has a stench that literally made me nauseous. My friend with me lined her bed as best she could with her rain jacket and slept in her clothes to avoid touching the sheets. I had to have a drink just to calm myself down enough to get to sleep. As soon as I woke up in the morning, I started my search for a new hotel. I had signed up with a group and paid my money ahead of time and knowing that I wouldn't be able to get a refund, I didn't care (and I'm not a wealthy person by any stretch of the imagination) and for the remainder of my trip, went to a different hotel. Of 13 travelers in the group, all 13 said they had the same experience I did. Also, the staff isn't friendly or helpful. Save yourself the disgusting experience and book somewhere (anywhere!) else!
Date of stay: January 2012
Room Tip: Don't pick this hotel! There are no good rooms!!
Trip type: Traveled with friends
  • Hotels.com
    $52
3.0 miles from Diamond River Ping Petch-Ngam Hotel
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Date of stay: December 2009
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed September 25, 2009

A relative suggested that we stay at this hotel while in Chiang Mai due to fact that it's located conveniently near the Night Bazaar. There were unexplained noises during the late evening. We couldn't fall asleep for the entire night. We kept hearing screaming noises as if someone was in distressed or danger. No other electrical device could have produced that type of sounds. It was very disturbing. The next door T.V. blasted in full volume right in the middle of the night, and we found out in the morning that no one was in the neighboring room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, except to someone who is interested in something of a paranormal.

Date of stay: January 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank WorldTravel5
Reviewed May 27, 2009

this was THE worst hotel i have ever stayed in (and i have stayed in some pretty questionable places). When we first arrived we thought, hmmm looks okay, nice aesthetic details in the lobby until you REALLY looked. it was as if this hotel was in its prime in the 70s and a bomb fell shortly after and it was never cleaned or updated / kept up since. this place was so dirty - the carpet had stains on it all through the hotel. the room was dusty, there was poop droppings in the drawers, blood stains on the sheets and then the cockroaches came out. HUGE cockroaches the size of my cellphone. we had to call the desk to get help. they sent up a man who hosed our room down with thai bug spray (probably not USDA approved obviously). we ended up plugging all drains ourselves and kept the bug spray by our bed. needless to say we did not sleep well that night. other things to note - the back courtyard again looks like it was abandoned in the 1970s. wooden decks were rotting, the pool was a greenish brown and had leaves in it. there was even a dead cat carcass on one of the tables. the breakfast buffet was very un-hygenic. ants on the buffet table, dirty cups, the creamer was turned. i refused to eat anything after thinking about how many cockroaches were probably crawling all over the kitchen. and this place was also in a sort of shady area - my friend and i left to get a drink after the first cockroach sighting and realized that we were surrounded by hookers at every bar we went to. they were all really nice to us two american gals but it should tell you something. we didn't necessarily feel unsafe as the thai are all very friendly and it was close to the bazaar but who cares?? STAY AWAY FROM THIS [--] and pay extra money for better accommodations!!!

Date of stay: March 2008