“Great Family accommodation”

Studio 99 Serviced Apartments
Ranked #118 of 969 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Our family stayed at Studio99 in a 2 bedroom unit with lounge and kitchen. This place is bright spacious and modern. The apartment was the perfect set up for our family and our stay in Chiang Mai. Everything is brand new in this place and very clean and modern.

We often end up with adjoining hotel rooms when we our on our family travels but the one apartment setup was a great solution. And the separate lounge with large balcony was a nice addition. I felt it was excellent value for money if you consider the quality of accommodation, facilities and the large amount of space you get for your money.

The apartment had a reasonably sized kitchenette as part of the lounge and was well equipped. There was a stove, kettle and toaster as well as a microwave which was convenient to prepare a simple breakfast for our kids or prepare them a snack if we didn’t want to go out.

The staff were great and were very child friendly. Anyway I could go on but would highly recommend studio99 especially to a family group such as ours.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank supermark31

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed April 17, 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Studio 99 for just under a week as we were on a tight scedule and had to see as much of thailand as possible.
Studio 99 was a brilliant place to stay, it had everything we needed, it was safe, it was within 2 minutes walk of a massive night market, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were even able to book flights from chiang mai to ko-samui at the reception.
I would definatly recomend these apartments to friends and family and on my next visit to Chiang Mai I will be bookin into Studio 99

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed March 23, 2009

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Found this place through google as we needed to stay in Chiang Mai for a month and needed good Wifi access for work. Been here a few days now and its perfect. Great contemporary design, spacious living and bedroom areas, light and airy, 2 balconies and quiet location. 5 minutes walk to night market and Sunday market. Lots of great restaurants nearby and riverside is about 10 minutes walk. Wifi included in price and really speedy so a bonus. Surrounded by local houses so really feel part of the area. Night security so feel really safe - its so great to have so much space rather than just a hotel room. Would recommend for long or short stays.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We have just returned from our trip to Thailand. We stayed 7 nights at Studio 99 in a 2 bedroom apartment we loved the spacious apartment with lounge/kitchen and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We are a family of 3 and really enjoyed the space. Apartment was serviced everyday and very clean and modern. Location was central we could easy walk to night market and many restaurants and cafes. Studio 99 located in narrow street in very quiet area.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I found this serviced apartment on the Internet and was immediately impressed by their website. After several emails, which were answered personally and promptly, I decided to book a three-month stay. So I got to know the apartment, the owners, the staff and the area quite well.

Everything, from beginning to end, was handled very efficiently. When I arrived, I was surprised by the size of my unit. It was even larger than I had imagined. Originally I was a bit hesitant because I know their soi (small street) is halfway between two of the busiest roads in Chiang Mai. That makes the location absolutely perfect but I was concerned that it could have been noisy. Not to worry: It was incredibly quiet, day and night. Maybe a few kids’ voices, a few dogs barking. Just normal sounds that wouldn’t bother anyone.

My monthly rate was a terrific deal. For just about $31/night I had an apartment larger and more modern and well-cared for than any others I had seen on the Internet. Of course you can pay less elsewhere, but you’d probably be in an older building with loud motorbikes zooming past your window all night, many mosquitoes, poor water pressure, no kitchen, or you’d be in a location far from the center of the action in this beautiful city.

There are only six units at Studio99: three one-bedrooms and three two-bedrooms. It feels like home, not a hotel. And from my particular unit, number 6, you can see the mountains outside the city and Doi Suthep. What a view!

The owners are a British man, Matt, and his Thai wife, Tack. They have been so nice and so helpful at a moment’s notice. And their office staff and night security guard are superb. All day there is someone in the office and for twelve hours overnight there’s a friendly full-time security guard.

But the best part is how much they seem to care for the guests and do everything they can to take care of your every need, even if something comes up having nothing to do with Studio99. For example, they’ll book tours, give advice, print documents from your memory stick, provide airport transfers, etc. In my case, a situation occurred during my stay in Chiang Mai where I had to go several times to one of the city’s government offices. Because I don’t speak Thai, Matt and Tack both accompanied me to provide any assistance and to translate when necessary. They went way beyond what most apartment or guest house owners would have done. With their help my personal problem was solved quite quickly.

Now to the basics: Cleaned perfectly every day (or whatever schedule you choose); large kitchen so if you prefer to make some food “at home” you can save money or invite friends over for a meal; DVD player in every unit; two balconies (!) to enjoy the sunrises and sunsets from the living room or the bedroom; great water pressure; ever-changing modern artwork in the common stairwell; heavy bedroom curtains to keep out the morning light in case you want to sleep late; modern western-style bathroom; large closets; security camera system; plenty of fresh drinking water; free tea and coffee; etc.

One note: If you’re looking for a lot of amenities such as a fitness room or restaurant or room service, then an apartment is not for you. In my case, I felt it was unnecessary to pay higher rates for my long-term stay to have those frills.

It was just a five minute walk to the exciting Night Market and about the same distance in the other direction to the Thapae Gate entrance to the old city. So many restaurants and lovely shops are minutes from your door. Everyone I met who was staying elsewhere was envious of my apartment and its wonderful location.

Note: Once-in-a-while I’m a bit suspicious of some users’ opinions on TripAdvisor because it’s possible the hotel or guest house encouraged guests to post something. In my case, no one at Studio99 asked me to write anything. So all my opinions are 100% my own.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo