“Comfortable.”

Ranked #182 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Comfortable.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

A good hotel with a dedicated staff. The basic room was relatively large and had a good sized bathroom. We like it because its serene, quiet and secured. Cosy lobby with free wi fi. B'fast is good. Located close by the airport & Central Mall. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BNellie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom serviced apartment for a month. First of all, what was advertised didn't totally match what I got. There was supposed to be a fully equipped kitchen, which to me and every other self service apartment I've rented, means there are dishes, and silver, and some cooking pans. There were two glasses and two coffee cups. I asked for more dishes and got them, but decided I wouldn't try to cook here, especially when I discovered there would be a breakfast buffet. There was also supposed to be a stocked bar in the lobby where you could socialize with your fellow travellers--not so. The apartment was fairly clean when I arrived, but there was a large crack in one of the walls in the bedroom, and the bottom of the bathtub was peeling badly. The pictures used for advertising must have been taken when the hotel was new.

The staff at the hotel are very nice and try to be helpful, but there was only one person who spoke English well enough to understand my questions and needs. She told me that about 80% of their customers are Thai, so I think they probably don't care that much about the rest of us. The WiFi was very unreliable. I had to call at least once a day and sometimes 3 or 4 times to ask for it to be reset. The breakfast buffet caters much more to the tastes of Asians than Westerners, which makes sense when you consider their primary customer base. I wouldn't mind that so much if the food were kept hot, which they were very poor at doing. The eggs were usually cold, so I would sit and wait until some hot ones came out. Eggs, toast, and some fresh fruit and concentrated fruit juices are the only items that would appeal to Westerners.

The sound proofing in this hotel is horrible. I would be awakened earlier than desired every day by slamming doors and talking in the hallway. I could also hear the traffic noise from a major road that was a block away.

The daily maid service was good, but it was strange for them to take away unused towels. The bath towels were grey with age and overuse in contrast to what looked like new hand towels.
The elevator stops at "half floor" points, which was weird, so you can't avoid having to carry heavy bags up or down a half flight of stairs.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a Western traveler.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Second time I got to stay there. The first time a year ago was really nice and I decided to give it a second go this year, again with great resolts. Comparing prices to profit, no place in thailand can get even close.
When I come back to chiang mai, gonna be there...

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zvi C
Singapore
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights before I flew home. Reason for staying here was to be near the Central Airport mall. Nice room, only grouse was it was located down a soi and we had a hard time looking for that soi.

• Stayed January 2011
#144 of 386 in Chiang Mai
Chateau Chiangmai
Chateau Chiangmai
#263 of 386 in Chiang Mai

Been to Noble Place Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Noble Place Hotel

Property: Noble Place Hotel
Address: 98/5 Soi Khaimak 1, Chiang mai-Hod Road | T. Padad A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Chiang Mai Province > Chiang Mai
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #182 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Hotel Class:3 star — Noble Place Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Noble Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.