“Nice place, OK location.”
Review of Yantarasiri Resort

Yantarasiri Resort
Ranked #179 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was a nice place with a great pool and very friendly staff. Restaurant/bar serves exceptionally slow, even for Chiang Mai. Location is bustling at night with lots of restaurants and coffee shops.

Limited regular taxis in the area, so be on the look out for tuk tuk trucks. BE CAREFUL the tuk tuk's will take you to massage parlors (i.e. sex shops) and drop you there. Wasn't what we were looking for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had four nights here and whilst this Hotel is away from the Old City an enjoyable Taxi or Tuk Tuk ride gets you there without too much fuss. The Hotel rooms were great and the Air Con works well. The Pool was a bit cool for me because it doesn't see a lot of sun due the lovely gardens. Others in our group (7) enjoyed the cooler pool. The meals around the pool were good although some of the trainees are struggling with English and confidence. But it wasn't a concern to us. The area had everything to offer although seemed to shut down earlier than in the main part of town.

Room Tip: Book on line for best rate and book day trips from here at same price as elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first stop in Thailand and what a refuge. From the beautiful koi pond in front of our room, to the altar outside of our door we really tasted the spirit of Chiangmai from day one. Another plus is the spa with wonderfu, affordable massages. Beautiful pool area, very traditional and romantic open air breakfast included in price. Staff was very helpful in helping choose day tours. Although not in the center of the old city, tuk tuks are readily available. Would definitely choose to stay here again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have booked the pool access duluxe room and left a message asking them to inform me if pool access room is not available. Finally when we checked in, the hotel only provided us garden view room. I complained to manager and booking.com about this.

However, the manager lied to me that they didn't provide pool access room on booking.com but he replied the customer service team of booking.com that it is provided on availability!?! The manager said it was my problem with booking.com., not the problem of the hotel.?! They don't know the message of requesting pool access room because I left this message to booking.com but not directly to the hotel. However, when I signed the booking document and paid the money, I found my message showed clearly on my booking document.

During our stay, we didn't feel any respect from the staff, no one in the hotel had ever pacified us. Even the manager thought it was my or booking.com's fault and none of their business. Don't think it is a 4-star hotel, It is really a stain to our trip. The service and staff of other 3 stars hotel we stayed during this trip are far better than this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved this hotel. It is in a great location close to great food, bars and shopping. The room was nice, clean and comfy. The staff was very helpful. They booked us on a great day trip and even provided us with beach towels for the trip. We had a great weekend in Chiang Mai and will return to this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is quite pleasant but you should request a ground floor room as these have the best views of the pool and garden. Breakfast is good and definitely worth paying extra for. The hotel is located quite far from the city center but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just spent the last 4 nights in this hotel.Staff were friendly and they upgraded us the a bigger room when we arrived, but this seems to happen in most places I stayed on this trip so far.The staff arranged anything I asked of them,which I appreciated.Breakfast is good with a large selection, I had a full fry each morning for those of you who like that.Rooms are clean and comfy.The pool is always shaded is seems by the towering trees so its quite cold which is a same because it looks quite nice on photos. Asked for my save to be fixed but nobody ever arrived to do it.There were also children running around screaming at 7am in the morning and jumping in and out of pool which which was annoying as we wanted to sleep in and rest most morning.Staff didn seem to try and quieten them. Also felt them charging me 200bt for lift to airport(which I only paid 140bt when I arrived) when I was leaving was a bit much as its not even 5mins away.Overall I had a good time here and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple