Chiang Mai Women's Correctional Institution
and up
Half-Day Small-Group Rickshaw Tour in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The one place in chiangmai by Chiangmai women's correctional institution and all is professional traditional thai masseuse Those who have passed the national workmanship standard already. One your support giving to new life.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Bliss”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had 2 massages here and they were fab. I had the foot massage and my partner had a full body massage. The place is really well organised and very relaxing - a perfect place for a massage. Just make sure you turn up early i.e. before 10am, they get full up rather quickly. Enjoy :) we certainly did. Oh and its cheaper than most other places too.

3 Thank Vicky08Uk

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good Time”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Paid 180 B for a one hour full body thai massage. Show up early as you can only reserve on the day of and it fills up fast. Have a nice garden in front. Only concern is that I wondered if its popularity is putting the other places out of business.

You show up. Are given loose clothes to put on. Change in a bathroom. Get your feet washed. Get your massage. Get your stuff back.

1 Thank Fritzel3
rome italy
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A sublime experience”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you have one massage in Thailand, have it at the Chiang Mai Women's Prison. It will spoil you for all other massages! For 180 baht/1hr (360 baht/2 hr), you get an excellent massage from highly professional, very friendly young women who take what they're doing very seriously. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The massage room is tastefully appointed with traditional massage beds. The lighting is suffuse and the girls talk in hushed tones while calming music softly plays in the background. The place is surrounded by a pretty, quiet garden and there is an adjacent coffee shop run by the institute where you can order an iced tea and relax while waiting for your turn. And all of this is for a good cause, as the proceeds go to the women upon their release. My masseuse gave me such a good workout that, not withstanding the heat and the death-march itinerary that I had been on up to that time, I felt limber and refreshed and energized and that evening even drove from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai (4 1/2 hours in a downpour) and *still* felt fresh and recharged at the end of it! I cannot recommend this enough. Tips: there are no reservations---it's first come, first served. Closes at 16:30. According to the guards there are fewer vistors in the morning. On the other hand, my wife and I visited at 15:00 and didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes for two slots to open up together, but this was July (not exactly peak season for Chiang Mai tourism).

4 Thank mulsone
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surreal but good massage”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

If you regularly get massages you have to pay the women's prison a visit. They are highly trained & it is very good value for money. The treatment room has a relaxed ambience. My only regret is that I should have paid a visit earlier as I only had time for a 1 hour Thai massage. Well worth the tuk tuk ride though from my hostel.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Evonne_mc
norwich
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“A bit surreal but it's worth it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to have a massage based on the spa being mentioned in several of the guidebooks. As with other people we weren't quite sure what to expect, but it was fantastic. We arrived at just 10am to be told that they were fully booked and did we mind waiting for 10 minutes. Of course we didn't. Once in the spa we were greeted and given thai styled pyjamas to change into. The ladies were all incredibly friendly and were keen to chat to us. The massage itself was really good. I have had a thai massage before which I found quite painful but this one was much more bearable apart from my feet. If you didn't want an area working on, then you just had to tell her. The decor inside is really nice, very clean and modern. The place is a little bit hard to find and although locals do use it, they don't always know if you ask. It's well worth the hunt and I would say get there early as it was getting busy when we left!

Visited June 2013