“Damian and Mr Winn made our trip! Everything we asked for and then some!”
Review of Crank Adventures - CLOSED

Crank Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Crank Adventures has developed a range of tours to suit all tastes. Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand is a biker’s paradise and we are the experts when it comes to bike adventures ranging from our renowned Chiang Mai and Surrounds sightseeing tour as recently featured on Australia's Getaway program, right through to a full week of XC mountain biking as featured many times on youtube. We are committed to Safe and Responsible Travel practices that do not disturb the locals or damage our environment. We give you safe, rewarding, memorable trips and are unmatched in our knowledge and expertise. We look forward to seeing you on a trip soon.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Damian and Mr Winn made our trip! Everything we asked for and then some!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

What an experience! Damian and Mr Winn did an incredible job getting us all of the adventure and activity we could ask for. We went way off their form, and combined bamboo rafting, a village stay, an incredible zipline, and mountain biking! They made the mountain biking work for my incredibly fit husband, my not so fit 12 year old, and for me (somewhere in the middle)... They took us to an open air market, and really helped us understand the culture, and were able to explain it all to our daughter. They are absolutely hilarious, and we laughed the entire way. I was worried when I originally saw their site because they wouldn't tell you where they trips were going... Thank God, because we passed tons of "tourists" all doing the same thing. We really like to try and NOT do the tourist thing, and they REALLY know their stuff! I only wish we had done the whole thing with them, I am always afraid of just going with one outfit incase it is not good, but hese guys could have done the whole thing , (saved me the time and research) for our elephant experience at Patara Farm ( which was also incredible), they were wonderful about making reservations, recommendations, and were game for anything. It was not one of those follow the leader tours, it was a unique experience for our family! One that we will remember forever. Thanks Damien, and Mr Winn!

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Gretchen B

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crank Adventures delivered exactly what we wanted.”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

After just a few email exchanges, Damain sensed just what I was after and crafted an ideal 3-day tour for my girlfriend and me. There was no overpromising or underdelivering, and many pleasant surprises along the way. My tour was managed perfectly. Damian and assistant guide Mr. Win were a pleasure to hang out and chat with. Riding through rolling hills far from any other tourists and arriving at a hill tribe homestay was one of my life's many travel highlights.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank KarstyKarst
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very accommodating!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We booked a last minute flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to take a morning cooking class and wanted to do some mountain bike riding later that afternoon before heading back to Bangkok. Crank Adventures was very accommodating and provided the 2 of us a private tour through the hills that same day.

We had a fun day and our tour guide, Win, was great to hang out with.

Highly recommended!

Visited January 2011
2 Thank roundtrip007
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unfortunate”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Perhaps this would have been a good experience had anyone returned any of my multiple emails to try and arrange an outing for single rider. Really inexcusable in my opinion!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank savahcmc
CrankAdventures, Public Relations Manager at Crank Adventures, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Unfortunately we can not trace whether we have missed your emails as your username does not match any of our records. If we have missed replying to your emails we apologise, however it is possible that we did not actually receive them. We pride ourselves on replying personally to all messages and focus on taking care of lone travellers and matching them up with others to create memorable group adventures. Feel free to contact us again with an actual name so we can check to see if indeed we missed your emails.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“It was fun, fun, fun .....”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We had a half day leisure cycling trip with Crank Adventure and it was the highlight of our tour to Chiangmai. My whole family, including my 71 years old dad enjoyed it very much. It was really a good family activity. We had so much fun cycling through villages and taking photos of the beautiful sceneries along the route. A different experience than the usual sightseeing and shopping that we always have. Both our guides, Damien and Win are also very attentive and accommodating. Great job Crank Adventures!

2 Thank ck-mal