“Great hotel in ideal location”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #21 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Great hotel in ideal location”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Le Meridien several times and each time it lives up to expectations. The hotel is ideally located for the night markets, river, and Chinatown (Warorot) areas and only a 15 minute walk to both the Saturday (Wulai) and Sunday (Rachadamnoen) night walking street markets. The faclities at the hotel are good and food in the restaurants too. Nice afternoon teas. The hotel hosts some social functions for expats as well. Wehave always found the staff to be well trained, polite and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jools053
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Jools053,

Creating a wonderful guest experiences is the most important part that we aim to succeed with. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Méridien Chiang Mai. Your detailed account of our destination is invaluable information that travelers who are planning on coming to Chiang Mai would find very useful. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please return again soon.

Gregory Anderson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We really this hotel, it was our third time staying here. The location is the best, it's close to all the good restaurants and right in the middle of the night bazaar.

Breakfast was great, variety and delicious. Fast service even though they always busy.

The room was nice, clean and modern of course. There's nothing that I don't like about this hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dominic M
Dear Dominic M,

Your Chiang Mai experience has been one of discovery which makes this unique city so popular. We are delighted you had a chance to discover our beautiful city and were able to take advantage of our location. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Osaka, Japan
Reviewed July 29, 2014

親切でフレンドリーなクラブラウンジスタッフのお陰で至高の時を過ごせました。特に、ダイヤモンドメンバー向けに普段の22階のクラブラウンジとは違って1階のlatitude 18で振る舞ってくれたモヒートをごちそうしてくれた一夜は忘れられません。事情許せば次回もlatitude 18に招いてください。
ホテルロケーションも最高で、有名なナイトバザールが徒歩圏、主な観光地は乗り合いトラックかタクシーでホテル前から問題なく移動できます。またクラブラウンジでスタッフのみなさんと会えることを楽しみにしています。
Thanks to helpful and friendly staffs at the club lounge, I could spend great time at this hotel. Especially I will never forget the special night you provided a glass of tasty fresh Mojito for me as a SPG diamond member for free at the latitude 18 on the ground floor. Staffs said it was special night and I really liked the different atmosphere comparing to the Club Lounge on the 22nd floor instead. If your circumstances allow, please let me have another opportunity to have seat at latitude 18 when I visit you next time.
The hotel location was also great as is easy to visit the famous night bazaar on foot and any kinds of tourist attractions by taxis or pick up trucks from right in front of the hotel. I am really looking forward to seeing you at the Club Lounge again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sukjai R,

It was a pleasure reading your kind comments that you shared to the other readers through TripAdvisor.com. Your enthusiastic feedback is a great indication that we are on the right track in achieving and exceeding our guest’s expectations. Should your travel plans bring your back to Chiang Mai please come to visit us again.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel stands out in all matters.
*Location: Only about 15 minutes from the airport. Starbucks, Burger King, ATM etc all just around the corner. Night market on every night. Very nice pool and the view is stunning. Just about 10 minutes with taxi to the old city.
*Staff: simply one of the best I have ever experienced. Extremely helpful and friendly at all area's.
Special thanks to concierge Mr. Chairat for the tips. I had a great & unforgettable experience at the chosen restaurant.
*Room: clean and comfortable bed.

Only thing missing imho are electrical outlets next to the bed.
But other than that absolutely perfect and I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Raoel_S,

Thank you for sharing your review following a recent stay at Le Méridien Chiang Mai. I appreciate your compliment for Mr. Chairat, our concierge, who have represented the hotel and will be sure to share your review with the team. Thank you once again and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Chiang Mai.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I find it always a bit challenging to pick that right place so that your overall experience of your trip is enhanced. For my trip to Chiang Mai I initially booked one of the better rated hotels on trip advisor ( first page of reviews). A month later I decided to change my booking as I though the location of the hotel might be too far from the city center. I have 2 teenage boys 17, 19) and I wanted to have access to the simpler pleasures( MacDonald’s!) or just allow them to roam nearby on their own.

I took another look on trip advisor and found the “Le Meriden" . It was a mixed bag of reviews but I decided between the pool, location and what I thought were good rooms it would work. I was more than pleased! Yes internet is extra (unless you are a club lounge member) but still for the price I thought it was a very good deal and a great Hotel.

Our check in was a bit slow. I did talk to the general manager when I left and he was very open and thankful for the feedback. Other than that we had a great experience.

My husband and I stayed in the Kiri suite on the 16th Floor. YOU MUST GET A MOUNTAIN VIEW!!!It was just an incredible view from all our windows including the bathtub. Everything about the room was great including the mattress. I think I read some reviews about the mattress being too hard? I like a medium firmness. At any rate we had no issues, And for those who have read my other reviews I am very discerning ( picky).

My kids shared a room on the 20th floor . We opted to pay for them to be club lounge members ( ours was included in our room price). I think it was $75.00 bucks a day for all 3 of them. The Benefits of the club lounge included a very good breakfast ( with a mountain view), tea in afternoon , appetizers which were really very good) and cocktails for those of age.

The pool was very good although it really should be bigger for the size of the hotel. Sometimes there were not enough loungers. The gym( yes we try to work out on holidays!) over looked the pools and was quite decent.

One of our late finds was the Italian restaurant - Favola. We went the night before we left. It was excellent! The only maybe miss was the duck ordered by my son. He is a bit picky so not sure if it was him or the actual meal. But all the rest of the meals were just delicious.I wish we had gone earlier because for sure we would have gone twice! I think this could one of the best restaurants Chiang Mai has to offer.

I would definitely go back to this hotel and/ or try another Le Meridien . You can't go wrong with this choice!

Room Tip: Get a room with the mountain view. We were on the 16th Floor. I would say that any room above the 10...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FactFinder123
Dear FactFinder123,

Thank you for fantastic review for our hotel and Associates. It brings me pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your generous compliments. It brings me pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. We aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences. Should your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Chiang Mai, please come and visit us again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is located to the night Market. Just need walk around 10 minutes to Old town, Sunday market and Warorot market . The lobby is quite grand and beautiful. The staff was very helpful and the check process was smooth..My room at 10/F floor with beautiful city review. The room is big and clean. The bathroom had both a shower and a big bath tub. The swimming pool and gym room are at 4/F with city view which is great for relaxing. Besides, we rented a car for my trip and the hotel can provided free parking service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kllkelvin
Dear kllkelvin,

Creating a wonderful guest experiences is the most important part that we aim to succeed with. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Méridien Chiang Mai. Your detailed account is invaluable to us and we strive to provide a high level of personal, instinctive service to ensure a renewing stay. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please return again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed in this beautiful hotel for four nights and never regretted it! We had the best of Doi Suthep from our hotel room! It also has a pool that offers the same perfect view of Doi Suthep. The night markets are just outside the hotel. Besides you have the usual common fast food - McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Starbucks are out the hotel. We were also able to walk to the supermarket - walking about 15 mins away.

While the hotel staff were mostly helpful, I was also upset when one of the front desk staff did not bother to contact me when our local travel agent left me a note. This was especially so when it caused a misunderstanding. I was only given the note after I returned from the tour and approached the front desk. The envelope was obviously still lying there. The staff simply said they do not know what they had to do. I am perplexed by this - if the hotel staff does not contact the guest that they have an envelope for them, how else would they know? Nevertheless, the level of English of hotel staff needs to be improved to better serve its guests.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the mountain view. It is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear MPIRON,

It was a pleasure reading your kind comments that you shared to the other readers through TripAdvisor.com. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you very much for your great comments about our service and Associates, please rest assured that we will share your detailed account with our Management team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.