“Loved it!”

Ranked #21 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
NEW ZEALAND
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We are just checking out of this awesome hotel. We have loved our 6 days here. The rooms are super clean, beds really comfy, staff friendly and so helpful, pool area is great, restaurant for breakfast, outstanding. Rooms were very quiet at night, black out curtains, all made for a great nights sleep. The proximity of the hotel to night bazaar is really convenient. It was truly an oasis amongst the heat and chaos of the wonderful Chiang Mai. Would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank PRICIE
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear PRICIE,

Thank you for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor.com following your recent nights at Le Méridien Chiang Mai. Your enthusiastic feedback is a great indication that we are on the right track in achieving and exceeding our guest’s expectations. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please allow us to welcome you again.

Gregory Anderson – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dc
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Great location, staff was wonderful. We are SPG members and arrived early from a night train the room was not ready yet and instead of having us wait the gentleman at reception upgraded us to a suite... Which was sweet! Everyone was nice and professional. I was very impressed. The only downside is my personal sadness to see chiang mai grow so much with these big hotels being built, would love to see hotel chains go more local. Like a Lanna style hotel and more conservation. But that is why I tend to only use my SPG for when I need the convenience. With two kids after an overnight train finding a guesthouse was not what I wanted to do first thing so le meridien I knew would be solid. The pool was nice and we used that a lot during the midday heat. Located a few blocks from the old city was easy walking and the hotel being on top of the night market was great. We did not eat at the restaurant because it was international priced and quite expensive when there was brilliant food for a lot less all around.

Stayed June 2014
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Victoria P,

Creating a wonderful guest experiences is the most important part that we aim to succeed with. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Méridien Chiang Mai on TripAdvisor.com. Your Chiang Mai experience has been one of discovery which makes this unique city so popular, regardless of its change. Please come visit us again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family.

Hunterville
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were staying here for 6 nights and it was amazing! The rooms were big and clean. The bathroom was big and it had a separate bath and shower. The view from our room was amazing! The pool was huge and very refreshing! We had breakfast down stairs once or twice and it was delicious! I would defiantly go back!

Room Tip: Any One would be perfect!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ljpz123,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This has to be one of the best hotel in Chiang Mai. Sorry but I feel more comfortable staying here than the MO Dara Dhevi. The hotel itself situated right in the middle of Night Bazaar walking street. Though can be a little confusing if chose to drive there since the road is a one way traffic. After 1-2 days of 'lost & found' we were able to figure our way round the hotel quite comfortably.

Check in was a little slow due to the amount of incoming guests. I used Suite Night Award to apply for a suite prior to my arrival and the check in agent was kind enough to upgrade my second room to another suite with mountain view. The room itself is a large 76 sqm in size with a decent size living room. Attached to it is a bedroom with 2 slides door on each side as a partition.

What impressed me most was the sheer size of its bathroom and I think its entire length probably spanned around 5 metre. Bathroom can be accessed from living room or the bedroom. It has 2 wash basins, a walk in closet, a closed door shower cubicle with rain shower. Its bathtub's probably one of the biggest tub I ever came across by Starwood standards, easily fit 2 adults.

Lounge was complimentary for SPG Platinum member or Club room guests. Though the spreads for afternoon tea and cocktails hours were rather disappointing. Afternoon tea featured 2-3 types of cakes and thats all I found. I did not bother eating any and ended up having a bottle of mineral water.

I chose to have breakfast at the lounge to avoid a rather huge amount of crowds at its main restaurant, Latest Recipe. The staff at the lounge's one of the nicest I came across and with attention to details. Everything is immaculate and the croissant was one of the nicest I had for hotel breakfast. I was told it's created by special recipe from its chef. Note that the croissant seems to be available at the lounge only and not the main restaurant.

Overall, there is no doubt in my mind where I will choose to stay when I next visit Chiang Mai. Le Meridien will be my only choice.

Thank you LM CM and hoping to see you again come winter season in Thailand.

Pros
- Good value for money
- Extremely good service with attention to detail by most, if not all, of its staff
- Good location right next to Night Bazaar

Cons
- Pool abit small in size
- Pillow rather soft for my liking (can request for harder pillow from Service Express team)
- Limited selection of snacks during afternoon tea

Room Tip: Doi Sutep (mountain view) room offer nicer scenery than City view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SPGLovers
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear SPGLovers,

It is always great to hear such positive feedback regarding our location and facilities as well as constructive comments which we are able to carry forward to improve our service delivery. I am glad that you had plenty to do just steps away from the hotel. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please come visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you for future stays.

Macau
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is supposed to be a 5-stars hotel but guessed the 5-star standard is lowered here. All 5-stars here in Chiang Mai are relatively cheap compare to other cities in the world, including other popular cities in Thailand.
Room and hotel is spacious and modern, so there is no Chiang Mai feeling once you go into the hotel. Great location as it is in the center of night market and close to the Old Town.
We rent a bike for 120 Baht per day at a shop right next to the hotel and so it is too easy to travel around the city, just stop and park wherever you want a stop.
The Service is excellent here, I am a breastfeed mum but did not take my baby with us to Chiang Mai. I need to pump milk and freeze everyday, but there is no in-room freezer. I wish to thank their assistant manager Sureewan Phatthararuangsakun, for helping me to store and freeze milk in the right shape in a container so that I can easily take home with them handy. Even after I checked out and stay in other hotel far away they still allow my frozen milk to be kept in their premises. Once I came back and other staff knew I was from Room 1611 and helped me with this and other matters.
I wish to thank Sureewan and other hotel staff in their hotel online questionnaire but there is no such option. We really had great stay in Chiang Mai and enjoyed our days.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for better view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PrincessCaramel
Dear PrincessCaramel,

Thank you for your generous compliments for Khun Sureewan, our Front Office Assistant Manager. We are delighted that hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our team assisted and ensured that your was hassle free. Your comment and review is a great indication that we are on the right track to achieve guest satisfaction. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please come visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you for future stays.

Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience at this hotel. After long tiring journey from Bangkok, the hotel allowed for early checkin and late checkout.
Great value for money.
Location is great- near to subway, starbucks and night market.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Avijitsingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com. It is always a pleasure to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location. Chiang Mai has its charm and please come back soon and allow us to welcome you again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Le Meridien Chiang Mai for 7 days in December of 2014 and had a wonderful experience. The staff was so kind and helpful. As SPG platinum members we had access to the breakfast and happy hour in the lounge everyday. We found the food and service to be exceptional in comparison to many other SPG hotels we have stayed in. The room was spacious and clean and in a wonderful location. We were amazed at how affordable it was for all the amenities the hotel provided!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Maggie Z,

Thank you for your generous compliments. We’re delighted that hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment and review is a great indication that we are on the right track to achieve guest satisfaction. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please come visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you for future stays.