“Great Location”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #21 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent 3 nights in Chiang Mai in March 2014. I found this hotel to be very nice and the location couldn't be beat. The beds were just ok, but we slept fine. The facility was very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed the pool and bars at the hotel. It is next door to the night bazaar and also on a street of busy bars. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear imacubsfan,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that our associates took good care of you. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Le Méridien. We look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Chiang Mai.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Chiang Mai

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Like most Le Meridien hotels, this one will not disappoint you. The service was exceptional and the room was very comfortable. When I arrived a little after noon, my room was not quite ready, so the young lady who checked me in personally escorted me to the lounge (I booked a club-level room - ABSOLUTELY worth it) where I had internet access and a coffee while I waited for my room which was ready after only about 20 minutes. The room was modern and comfortable. The breakfast in the lounge was more limited than what was offered downstairs, but unlike a lot of other hotels they have an a la carte option in addition to the buffet options, all included. The eggs benedict (my favorite) was delicious. The location is great as well. There are lots of little shops, restaurants, spas, and bars all within easy walking distance. This was my first trip to Chiang Mai and I loved it. It has a completely different feel from Bangkok - much more laid back. I definitely recommend visiting Chiang Mai if you have the opportunity, and the Le Meridien is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Club-level room was a good value. Very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jennifer K,

It is our pleasure to have accommodated you and thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you had a good time and your stay was enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to explore more of Chiang Mai city.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nice very comfortable rooms, with great bathrooms. Service was impeccable, breakfast amazing. The only negative was the no free internet in the rooms, which made the lobby look like a internet Café. Great location with night market and many shops and cafes nearby.

I had a traditional Thai massage, at the spa, something not too be missed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Eileen1359,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your generous compliments. It brings me pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Indeed over at Le Méridien, we aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences; from the comfortable beds to hearty meals and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you again for future stays.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to use SPG points. At 5,000/night it's a great value for the quality of the hotel and you can expect an upgrade when booking with points. Stayed 5 nights and tried to take advantage of many facets of the property. Highly recommend based on location and value.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Talia R,

Thank you for fantastic review for our hotel and Associates. It brings me pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. We aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences. Should your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Chiang Mai, please come and visit us again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, and I can say this is a hotel that is growing in excellence. We were upgraded to corner suites -- palatial in space and comfort, the attention given to cleanliness and guest requests is evident. Breakfast is fantastic, as is the dinner buffet. In fact, there is only one point for improvement: the hotel's restaurant needs to expand its vegetarian offerings. As for my recommendation: Stay here, it's well worth your visit.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Tryitoutnow,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us; this is a great indicator for our Associates that we are on the right track. Your Chiang Mai experience has been one of discovery which makes this unique city so popular. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I were having a tough time choosing a hotel in Chiang Mai. I wanted to avoid a chain, but instead opt for a small boutique to get a better feel for the city. However, after reading the reviews of some small boutique hotels, I had concerns about mosquito and A/C issues. So I gave up the search and let my husband choose. He chose le Meridien because he's a Starwood member, but neither of us were overly impressed with the reviews or photos. When we arrived, I was immediately impressed by this swanky, sleek hotel. The location is perfect- the night market is literally right outside the door and around the corner. It is in very easy walking distance to the gate (maybe 5-10 min) and all of the major wats (15-30 min stroll). The hotel is all white, with dazzling chandeliers hanging. In the evening, it's illuminated with candles. The concierge is excellent and was very helpful in booking our elephant and zip lining tours. The bed was very comfortable so we slept very well during our two night stay. The pool is gorgeous- the plunge pool overlooks the city and the mountains, and has great lounge chairs and fountains. The only negative was that breakfast was not included, and was quite expensive. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yumkarepie

Dear yumkarepie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your generous compliments. It brings me pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Indeed over at Le Méridien, we aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we look forward to welcoming you again for future stays.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at LeMeidien, Chiang Mai for 3 nights. The location is ideal, for night time shopping at Night Bazzar. American fast food chain close by(if needed). Hotel is clean, comfortable, staff very courteous and breakfast spread extensive and good. Staff will go out of their way to please you.
Stayed on 19th floor and amazingly found mosquitos in my room. Issue of mosquitos has to be addressed as they are freely flying in the foyer and Restroom areas.

I will sure return to this hotel and hopefully they would have eliminated mosquitos...

Room Tip: Choose higher floor with mountain view..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear bastula11,

Thank you for sharing your past experience with us. It is always great to hear such positive feedback regarding our location, as a fellow shopping enthusiast Le Méridien Chiang Mai hotel is at the center of street markets and a fantastic starting point in any direction. Mosquitoes are problematic for Chiang Mai in this month however, we have deployed electronic sonics and other devices to resolve the problem which again has been of a scale that no business has been able to overcome.