Le Meridien Chiang Mai
$79
  • Pool
$186
$143
Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
$146
$85
Varada Place(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
$15
$13
Hotels.com
$44
$40
$43
$23
3,315 results
All reviewsnight marketspg memberlatest recipespg pointsthe club loungecorner suiteburger kingconcierge deskmountain viewinfinity pooldoi suthepold citylobby barupgraded to a suitebreakfast buffethigh floorfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one week at this hotel in an executive suite. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was nice--large, modern, with typical decor found in Le Meridian hotels. Good bathroom with large walk-in style shower and separate soaking tub. My room (on 21st floor) had wonderful views of Chiang Mai and the mountains. Wireless in the rooms was good, fast enough to send and receive large powerpoint files.

I know others have complained about the hotel staff, but I found them to be extremely nice and helpful throughout my stay. I had a few very minor issues (wrong room service order, broken hair dryer, constantly deactivating keycard) and the assistant manager contacted me to make sure all the issues had been taken care of, which I greatly appreciated.

The executive lounge is pleasant, however a little small. Always seems filled with people in the evenings, sometimes difficult to find a seat. Limited but tasteful selection of appetizers.

Fitness center is compact (few cardio machines and a couple of weight lifting apparatuses) but adequate with great views of the mountains in Chiang Mai. The treadmills overlook a small infinity pool, which made working out pleasant.

Hotel is in a great location if you want to be in town. Steps away from the night market, and close to restaurants and shops. Easy walk to the old-town (takes ~ 10 minutes to walk).

It can be a little pricey when compared to other hotels in Chiang Mai, but a good choice for business travelers.

The only negative I experienced was dinner at the hotel restaurant on the first floor. Service was extremely slow. Staff seemed to prefer chatting with each other, rather than serving customers. Took 45 minutes to receive a very simple dinner! This, when the restaurant was completely empty except for a family of four. Food was really, really bad. I ate only about 1/4 of the meal and decided it was too awful to eat anymore. However, when I ordered rooms service the food was good. So perhaps just a bad night for the chef.

Overall a good stay, and I will definitely select this hotel for my next stay in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the mountains are best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Runwayg1irl,

First, I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. Creating wonderful guest experiences is the most important item that we aim to succeed with.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Chiang Mai and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a 4 night stay here. It was very good, rooms were spacious, the location is fantastic - right next to the night bizarre, and the facilities were very good including the gym and very,very cold pool. We had some trouble checking in but they were quick to rectify. The only problem was the glass walled bathroom- a pet peeve of mine- a ridiculous feature that prevents midnight bathroom runs without waking your room mate!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Depressedmonkey,

I am glad to learn that as a whole you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you and your family back to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff were unwelcoming and unprofessional. My keycards worked randomly (I had to go and change my cards almost every time I wanted to enter my room). I also realized that I was overcharged by almost 100% compared to their normal room rates. Wifi didn't work in my room, even though it was promised to, it came with a special rate and it was not fixed even after complaining during my stay.

Even though the building is nice, I would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elventhor

Dear Elventor,

Thank you for sharing your perspectives. I sincerely regret that your experience was disappointing and invite you to contact me so that we can communicate with you in person. Creating wonderful guest experiences is singularly the most important item that we aim to succeed with. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked a travel package from travel agency and the price for Le Meridien is very good. Quite close to the old town (around 10 min walk) and lots of fun nearby. The staff are very helpful and friendly. However, the room and facility is a bit old and the hotel does not seem to be a 5-star one (other 5-star Meridien are usually called 'Royal Meridien'). Overall our stay is very nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Layne W,

I am delighted to read your positive feedback and we’re glad to know that your trip was enjoyable.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in an executive suite, and I can honestly say it was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. It was very large, the bathroom was the size of a normal hotel room let alone the lounge and bedroom. It is a modern room with all the latest facilities. The day spa was fantastic from the atmosphere to the actual massage.
The Hotel in general was large and modern but lacked the Thai feel as a result. I found the lobby really impersonal and rated the breakfast as average. The location is perfect as you are at the night market and many restaurants and bars.
I find the Chedi to be a nicer hotel for similar price. It is near the night markets (2 minute walk) but it is right on the river.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Scott P,

Thank you for your kind words. I certainly appreciate your feedback as it is an important tool in knowing that we are providing the best services to the most important part of our hotel - our guests. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.