“SKY IS LIMIT for fun and Shopping”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #22 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was on business conferance and it was first time yo Ching Mai.It was 5 days long Meeting.
i was wondering I will pass my time out of meeting time.Surprise to my knowledge when i landed in heart of city hotel ,I was middle of Ocean of Shopping, wind of Massage Parlour and All kind of FOODs!
from Day one hotel has attrected me for having very fast and open door policy of staff .untill you have issue they are just not disturbing your conferance , your movement and they are having all kind of Foods , Swming pool , good ambience, Big spacious room,with all necessities for Family need or business need.
Your night will be full of fun and shopping around this hotel.without going into car or any transport.
you will find your self in day light in middle of night.
Go and enjoy

Room Tip: go above 10th floor to see Night around you
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Chiang Mai

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is located just at the center of the shopping area of Chiang Mai. We can easily walk to the street market, the restaurant, and many more.

The room quality is excellent. The quality of bed amenities and the quality of bathroom are five star hotel standard. The breakfast is fine, with variety of choices.

The wifi service is available, but is not free. Staffs are quite helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel regularly on business for a number of years. The general standard has declined quite significantly in the past two years.
This is now just another hotel. Once it was a home away from home for me. I used to be greeted and treated very well. The staff knew me or they got to know me. Nothing was too much trouble. It was a genuine five star.
Now it is an ordinary hotel where my benefits are "explained to me" upon check in, as if I was a school boy who needs to remember the rules. You can have this but not this; you may do this but it will cost you; if you have any further requirements they can be dealt with at another time and the chances of us agreeing to anything are slim unless you pay.
I think it is about time I changed to another hotel where I can get better service. I did visit two competitive hotels on this last trip and they will definitely offer me far better service and value.
I think you have had your day Le Meridien Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: I had a club floor room but it was not on the club floor. When I went to use the lift to the club fl...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AndrewWoodBangkok
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great hotel which ticks all boxes. It is ina pecfect spot close to night markets. The breakfast was amazing and the prices for the night buffet and general menu was reasonable. The bar area is a little small but still a nice way to end the day. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. We have stayed here a couple of times and wouldnt change. We had some major problems with Tour Operator and the Conciege took a great amount of time and effort to help us out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We arrived at this hotel on a tour with Asian Golf, touted as a five star establishment. Not so. Very average, smallish rooms lacking amenities like drawers to unpack your things into, space on the bathroom vanity, free wifi. Our room lacked a hair dryer and had several burnt out bulbs, which were produced when asked for but still, no hair dryer in a 5 star? The fan on the air conditioner was loud and interfered with sleep. We had come from the Shangri-La in Bangkok and were sorely disappointed in this establishment. However, is in a great location and breakfast was included with our room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Le Meridien Chiang Mai is a big and beautiful hotel, very nicely decorated and the facilities are outstanding (the gym is more than adequate and the pool is really an oasis, with a nice view on the mountains and a beautiful pool design).
I had breakfast and evening snacks in the lounge, which is just perfect - I highly recommend it if you can upgrade. Having breakfast in the lounge is much better than in the main restaurant (much more intimate, and great views), and the evening snacks and drinks are a perfect way to relax - both the food and the drinks are abundant.
I stayed in an executive suite - the layout is great, and there's a lovely corner bathtub with impressive views on Chiang Mai.
The staff was fantastic, very helpful and at hand. After checking in I had a small problem with my key (first it didn't work, then the door would not lock) and within minutes they solved any problem.
I didn't try the spa, but I trust it must be great. However, if you want to have a very good massage or spa treatment, Zabai is an exceptionally nice spa just a few minutes away and it will cost you a tenth of what you would pay at the hotel.
Just outside of the hotel there are also several places where you can have your laundry done - handy if you have a lot of clothes to wash.
Finally, the cocktails at the bar are worth exploring - they're really good!
A few minor points for the management to consider:
- The air conditioning is quite noisy. At night I would switch the one in the bedroom off and keep the one in the main room, and still the noise was quite high. I don't know if the noise level is the same in every room, but I found it extremely high for an a/c system
- The hotel does not offer the "make a green choice" option (forgoing housekeeping in exchange for a money or points voucher). They should, just like the Le Meridien in Chiang Rai
- The sink water pressure is so high that it splashes and splatters everywhere if you put your hands in the sink. Maybe the hotel should consider installing those little rings that mix water and air to soften the stream of water (and save water too).

There are several small "boutique" hotels in Chiang Mai, so if that is what you are looking for, the Le Meridien might look like a big corporate hotel; but in fact it is a wonderful, stylish hotel where you feel at home both on business or on holiday.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with lounge access - it's totally worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is right in the heart of the night market and very close to everything in the city that you may want to see. The staff at the hotel was great and offered great customer service. They made us feel welcome and always had a smile to offer. Our room was a bit smaller than we expected but was clean and the beds small but comfortable. We had a room with double beds that were really more like a single bed made for one person. Free Wi fi in lobby but would love to have the option to pay for it and use it in our room. Smaller pool area but lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends