“Great Hotel with a great location”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #21 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Riyadh
“Great Hotel with a great location”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai for 3 nights, it is a very Modern Hotel with all amenities. The entrance to the hotel is very grand, with a fountain and elephants. The lobby is impressive and has a bar on one side and the reception area to the other.
The rooms also have a modern look, with a nice niche for storage beside the bathroom area. The bathrooms are classy with a separate bath and shower area. My daughter enjoyed thoroughly in the bath tub, its huge. We had an impressive view from our windows, as our rooms were on the 14th floor.

The food was nice, we had the breakfast in our package, and the buffet was good. We ordered room service once, which was good too. We also tried out their italian restaurant one night, which had amazing pizza.

The only negative we experienced was when my 4 yr old daughter suddenly fell sick and needed a doctor, which we were informed that the hotel did not have a 24 hr doctor service. However, they did help us out with the address and details for a hospital, where we rushed with her.

As mentioned by everyone, the location of the hotel is very central, and the night market is just next door. There is even a Subway, Starbucks, Burger King ( am not sure, but some burger place ) very close by.

A good place to stay at Chiang Mai..

Jet Privelege Member - 138974161

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sangsraj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is near to almost all attractions in Chiang Mai central. We stayed there 2 nights, felt very safe and enjoyed our time. We did not eat in the hotel othe rthan breakfast so not sure about the restaurants. Our stay was veyry pleasant and teh rates were very reasonable. Recommended,

Room Tip: Higjer floors have a good view of the town
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We booked our trip to Chiang Mai whilst visiting Phi Phi. It was an unplanned part of our trip but a part of the trip thatI am so glad I had. I loved Chiang Mai and I loved Le Meridien, The hotel was modern, clean and the pool was lovely. The location was
Effect...right on the night Market which is worth a visit as it's cheaper than Bangkok. The food and drinks at the pool bar were pricey but worth every penny. Try the frozen drinks. The only down side to Le Meridien was no wifi in the room. You had to sit in reception. I did feed this back to the hotel and the manager personally emailed to say it's something they will be looking at in future. Whilst staying here we went to visit the Market, night safari, tiger kingdom and the mahout elephant sanctuary. All worth a visit as they made my Chiang Mai experience such a good one. Do not however visit the monkey centre as it was so cruel on so many levels. Overall I would visit Le Meridien Chiang Mai again and I would recommend this to others. Top quality in an amazing place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Méridien Chiang Mai is a great place to stay. The Royal Club Floor is great (but be sure you can use the lounge if you are upgraded). Rooms are spotless and bathroom superb (rain shower, xxl bath tub you can really dive in). I was just missing bath salts (not available). Le Méridien is ideally situated within seconds of the Night Market.

Please do not miss the buffet dinner: we congratulated the german chef for such a diversity: Indian, Thai, French, Japanese, Italian dishes available, great explanations for each, and including light options... all this for just 500 Bath (12 Euros).

I will return to Le Meridien Chiang Mai and I advice you to try this great place

Room Tip: I was really satisfied by Royal Club Floor rooms - ask for mountain view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I have now stayed at the Chiang Mai Le Meridien 3 times in the past 18 months. This last time (Sept '11) we stayed for 6 nights and loved it.

I booked it on Latestays.com and was able to book a Royal Club Room (Floors 20-22 on the top) for 3 nights and got an additional 3 nights free. The Royal Club Rooms offer breakfast on the 21st floor with a sweeping view of the city (the other rooms have breakfast on the ground floor). Breakfast at the Le Meridien is amazing. You can get any type of coffee you want: French press, latte, cappuccino, machiatto, mocha, etc. All of the coffee is Illi brand. In the afternoon, tea is served in the Club Room, free of charge and in the evenings from 6pm to 8pm, snacks and cocktails are served for free.

This is a classy hotel located right in the heart of the night market area. The location does NOT get any better! Staff are all extremely helpful, rooms are great, food is amazing....

Will I stay here again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Book it on Latestays.com
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Surmang
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The service was amazing. The manager and the reception staff were all warm and helpful. The toilet broke and was fixed on the spot. They helped me with all my outdoor activities booking, gave me advice on where to go and not to go which turned out to be the best advice. I had problems with my flight and they handled my booking and rebooking with extreme professionalism and with a smile.
The room is luxurious, comfy and clean. I stayed in that hotel 7 days and I would absolutely be back there when am in Chiang Mai again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Comfy Bed, Clean Environment, Spacious Bathroom + Deluxe Bathrobe, Wonderful view, Everything was near to perfect except Bellhop service was rather slow as we need to carry up our own luggage but do not totally blame them as we arrived in a big group at the same time.

Room Tip: They are rather accomodating~ Request and U shall get it!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business