“Excellent hotel!”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #20 of 395 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed with my girlfriend for two days in Hotel Le Meridien on our tour of Northern Thailand.
The hotel has a great location (near night market and city center), it is modern and luxurious.
Our room was large with a great view, many facilities and a beautiful bathroom.
I want to thank the Assistant Manager Poonawich Opanunt for making me a pleasant surprise: a delicious cake was delivered to our room for my birthday anniversary.
We recommend Hotel Le Meridien!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,206)

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great lobby with free one four wi-fi everyday!
Strategic location to the night bazaars. Friendly staff!
Had trouble with our A/C on our first night but we were transferred to a better room with a plate of fruits the next day from the Assistant Manager for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed in a superior room and found it to be superior than many other 5 star hotels. The decor was trendy and the room was spacious and spotlessly clean.

A few things that make this hotel special are:

1) Bed was VERY comfortable and had a lot of sleep made up in this vacation.
2) The speaker in the bathroom worked great and it was relaxing watching tv soaking in the tub. (many hotels have speakers in bathroom but they never worked quite as well as this one)
3) the water pressure was good and the rain shower shower head was not the normal type where the water pressure becomes low if you use the rain shower. this is a new type which keeps the water pressure high even when using rain shower.
4) the best quality disposable slippers i've seen in a hotel but they don't let you keep it.
5) they have a pillow menu where you can choose soft to firm pillow to your liking.

Pool was very ok for a city hotel and service at the pool was great. Service by all other staff was also excellent although housekeeping was a bit confused sometimes. Amenities were of high standards as well.

Room service was surprisingly delicious but the in house italian restuarant was ok only, not excellent. Pricewise, most dishes are good in price by western standards (e.g. pizzas were pizza hut prices) but some of the dishes are expensive even by western 5 star hotel standards.

Location is probably the best in town, right next to the night bazaar where there were plenty of seafood and other delights. of course, there were mcD, cafes, internet cafes, spas, and laundry right in the neighborhood.

concierge did a great job in booking cooking class and restaurants. the price they got me was actually cheaper than if i booked it on my own. (this is very rare for a 5 star hotel)

cons: none.

All in all a very satisfying stay, especially when the price of the room is so reasonable.

p.s. the driver i used had a comfortable car and was very knowledgeable of the locale. I booked him for the whole day, and he took me to the famous temple up the mountain, tiger kingdom, night safari, and out of town places to eat. whole trip took 8-9 hrs and it only costed 1000baht.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank yammi
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is not Chiang Mai's cheapest hotel, but the design of the building and individual rooms are light and airy. I was lucky to be upgraded to a junior suite thanks to a business conference giving the hotel 100% occupancy during my stay. Remarkably, the conference was tucked away invisibly on its own floor and the lifts and hotel service coped without strain. I particularly like the cathedral-like foyer with its modern chandeliers. The staff are well trained but still Thai and friendly, while breakfast is a culinary delight The night market begins on the street in front of the hotel but you are well removed from any noise and bustle. I have stayed here before and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aardvark43
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Was late for check in after a night flight with my family. The queue was long with a tour group from Taiwan. Waiting for nearly 15 minutes before our turn to check in, despite the group were still distributing their keys.

The assistant manager from front desk saw us and immediately helped us the check in, unfortunately the hotel was full with that tour group for our rooms. Without hesitation, he upgraded my family to suite rooms! What a good start for our revisit trip to Chiang Mai since 23 years ago. Thank you so much, Le Meridien!

The suite rooms are amazing big, which are situated at the four corners of each floor. Each suite room consist of a separate shower room, toilet cubicle, walk in wardrobe plus a squarish bathtub facing the city or the mountain. With comfy king size bed and 2 large LCD TVs facing the room and living hall, plus full amenities available such as espresso machine, 4 complimentary bottles of water, what can you ask for after a tiring flight from our work place in Singapore directly to this luxury hotel in Chiang Mai?

The gym and swimming pool, though a little cold even in a hot summer in April, the view towards the mountain is something to die for. I was fully mesmerised by the view each time I used the pool and the gym, and recharged quickly from the hectic itinerary in Chiang Mai over the weekend. Please, do use the pool if you have the time!

And the location, it is simply centralised and convenient with starbuck, burger king, macdonald around, not to forget the night market right at the doorstep of the hotel. Everywhere seemed to be so convenient. The building is prominent so you will not get lost even you are slightly away from the corner of Chiang Mai and you can find the direction back to the hotel easily.

The breakfast was one of the best breakfast I would say I have in Thailand, yes Thailand. Hot american, continental, and 5 types of juices to choose from, it helps us to recharge our energy every morning. Good choice and wide varieties, and service is good with a smile always.

Though you need to pay for the internet in the room, but I am sure you can use it at the lobby for an hour when you collect the password slip from the concierge team. Except for one thing, the hotel will turn off their aircon at late night after midnight, so it will be a little warm when you intend to use it at that wee hour. Notice there are mosquitos flying into the lobby, gotten a few bites on my skin but that is not a problem to me.

I have recommended this hotel to my friends and I am sure I will return again. This is definitely my choice when I revisit for sure!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Happily stayed quite a few times on business trips. The facilities are fantastic, rooms immaculate, gym well equipped, Latest Recipe meals delicious and Favola is one of the best Italian meals I've had outside of Italia. Highly recommended hotel

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Steven S
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during our honeymoon in Thailand, and my husband knows that staying at this hotel was my favorite part of this trip. This hotel thought of everything from beginning to end. The most friendly (genuinely) and helpful staff I have ever seen at a hotel. We ate at the Favola restaurant in the hotel and it was great. We also had the dinner buffet one night and it was also great, not to mention the restaurant is beautiful. In fact, this entire hotel is absolutely gorgeous! Our room had a huge, breathtaking view of the mountains, and the decor and attention to detail in the room was impressive. I travel a lot, and have stayed at many hotels, so I am not lying when I say that the bed at Le Meridien was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept on in my entire life. My husband thought the same and we both slept like babies the whole time we were there. The location is also amazing, with probably a 1 - 2 min walking distance from the main road that has the night bazaar, McDonald's, Burger King, and Starbucks. Also, the price for that we paid for this type of hotel was unbeatable. I would stay here every time I went to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple