“Clean, Friendly Staff, Amazing Location, Best Breakfast!”
Review of Pak Chiang Mai

Pak Chiang Mai
Ranked #25 of 775 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I loved staying at Pak Chiang Mai.

The staff was so friendly, the rooms were clean, and they give a great discount if you stay more than 3 nights. Pak Chiang Mai is in the coolest part of Chiang Mai -- less than a block from the best food carts, a grocery store, and great temples. Unlike every other nice hotel that tries to steal your last cent, Pak Chiang Mai provides free bottled water, bug repellent, and breakfast for guests. They also have free bicycles to use to get around. And their breakfast is simply amazing.

The staff is so incredibly friendly, they helped me book things to do last minute.

I absolutely loved my stay at Pak Chiang Mai. I payed less to stay at Pak Chiang Mai than I did at another 5 star resort in Chiang Mai -- and I immediately came back to Pak Chiang Mai once I realized there simply isn't anything better.

I was a solo traveler, so it wasn't ideal for meeting people -- but backpacker bars are just around the corner and I got to leave the noise behind!

I really can't say enough nice things about this place. I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Adictine
There are newer reviews for Pak Chiang Mai

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have just returned from our 3rd visit to Chiang Mai and again stayed at Pak Chiang Mai. We were warmly greeted by Noon, O and Cross. We really enjoy the friendly atmosphere and were not disappointed with the clean, comfortable and homely room. The healthy breakfast was enjoyed by us both, and we were able to have meals at other times as well as tea or coffee. Pak Chiang Mai is within easy walking distance to the Saturday & Sunday walking street markets. There is also Nong Buk Had Park not far which is a lovely place to relax. This is a family owned and run hotel which is a must stay when in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay at Pak was 3 nights, and I wished it was longer. O and Noon were beyond helpful, not to mention very kind and professional . The other staff members were also extremely warm and welcoming. It felt like home the moment I walked through their door. The layout and the atmosphere was so relaxed and beautiful. The location was perfect, just off main street and down a side street nicely tucked away but withing walking distance to all the beautiful wats and restaurants. The rooms were so cozy and clean, beds were super comfortable. I loved the hot tea and a little treat to welcome back to your room after a long day of sightseeing. They called to arrange our cooking class and elephant excursion for us also gave excellent restaurant recommendations in the area. (The breakfast were soooooo delicious too) Lastly, the Thai massages were AMAZING!!!!!! I had 2, and wished I had more!!!! To sum it up, do yourself a favor and plan to stay at Pak Chiang Mai while you are in Thailand.

Room Tip: Premium room was perfect! It was up a flight of stairs, with relaxation area just next to it where y...
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were recommended this guest house on our first trip to Chiang Mai and I am so glad we booked in to stay because it was just perfect. A beautiful little hotel in the middle of Chiang Mai's old city, within a short walk of lovely restaurants and the fabulous night bazaar.

As you come off the busy streets and through the door of Pak Chiang Mai it's like all the noise of the streets just fades away and you're in the middle of a tiny rainforest with only the sound of a waterfall. You can just take a deep breath and melt into the comfy swinging chair beside the pond or take up a book and sit on the couches in the "chill out" area as I liked to call it.

O and the rest of the family at the hotel are very warm and welcoming and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The rooms are welcoming and comfortable and the breakfasts are very tasty.

Pak Chiang Mai is such a lovely little refuge when you're tired and worn out from a busy day in this fantastic city. So if you're looking for accommodation in Chiang Mai make sure you check this hotel out. You won't be disappointed.

And do the hosts of Pak Chiang Mai - thank you for a very memorable stay and hopefully we'll see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stay in pak for 3 nights and we could not leave!!! The best service ever! Best location! Great breakfast! It felt like home... The staff help you with every thing you need and always with big smile. Great rooms, very good shower, clean and beautiful. Don't look for any other place... Next time in Chiangmai we will go there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed a night at this lovely place. It had a cozy feel, everything was clean, well maintained, and had a welcome warmth to it. Our room was lovely, with our own little porch area, a very nice bathroom, and a comfy bed. There was internet access available downstairs, a delicious restaurant on-site, and the staff were amongst the most helpful, nice, professional we met.

Room Tip: It looks like all of the rooms are in one area of the building. I guess you can ask for a room on th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Highly recommend. Excellent value, clean and beautifully decorated rooms, delicious breakfast (included), fantastic location, and super nice staff. The traditional Thai massage we had there was the best of our whole trip. The manager, O is wonderful. I forgot an item in the room and she had it mailed to our hotel in Bangkok- so nice! If I ever return to Chiang Mai I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 24 was great!