“Simply lovely.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 710 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Simply lovely.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our fourth stop on our trip in south east asia. We went there following the reviews on trip advisor, once again everything good people are saying about the place is true.
What more can I add to what have been said, lovely room and garden, nice people and staff, great location. All of that and more.
What strikes me now is how much this place and its people reflects the character and ambiance of the city.
Coming from Bangkok, Chiang mai is a peaceful place, very serene, as are the people at Pak.
It was a beautiful stay, stress free and we wished we had spent more time there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Love love love this place. Pretty much as far away from an anonymous hotel experience as you can get. Personal attention, incredibly friendly staff, way above average food, and small touch after small touch elevates this place above the others.

Our three favorite things would have to be the spotless rooms, cozy common areas, and complimentary bottled water. Again, thoughtful touches abound.

Because of my job I have to work quite a bit even when I travel for pleasure. I can't imagine a better place for anyone in the same situation than Pak Chiang Mai. There are two computers, wifi, and a whole range of things to sit in to make you comfortable. And if you need anything like coffee or a snack, the staff is up to the job and then some.

And if you want to stretch your legs and go for a walk, you couldn't be in a better, more central (yet somehow still quiet) location.

We were soooo glad we booked this and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Noon is such a lovely host, the hospitality is wonderful and the atmosphere is just great. I really appreciated the little things; small plates of delicious extra's before breakfast (sweet rice, yum!) water bottles in the fridge whenever you need them, help planning and booking day trips, herb tea left in the room at the end of the day, the gardens, the bikes, the soaps and shampoo made locally, the clean linen and Noon's personality. I'll never forget my birthday while staying with Noon, she left the most perfect cake and a lovely note to wish me Happy Birthday, very special. I felt that I was staying with a friend. Thanks Noon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ew Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Another fantastic stay with Noon and family, outstanding service, person touches noon does so well, I took a friend on her first trip the day after we arrived it was her birthday noon had noticed in her passport and after a day out we came home to birthday cake and a very special birthday wish, amazing!!! Noon you made another new friend for life!! To sum up pak chiang Mai, Eco , fabulous homemade tasty food, amazing massages, comforts of home, nothing is a problem, highly recommend to anyone wanting a stress free fabulous place to stay. The push bikes were fun this time, and yes you do have to savor there homemade shower gel and shampoo fantastic, I even brought some home this time noon has it for sale .... Amazing! Congratulations on your wedding noon I a sure you and billy will have a fabulous life together, thank ou for showing us your home, and where the ceremony was going to be a week after we left ... Very special x

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at Pak Chaing Mai for three nights. From the moment I got there, I felt welcome and the staff was so friendly! The hotel is very quite and feels secluded yet it is still in a great location. The food was great! Breakfast is included in the price of the room, and it was delicious and filling. They also serve lunch and dinner, which I highly recommended trying at least once. I had a very early flight out of Chaing Mai, and I had to leave the hotel at 5am. I was greeted by a staff member in the morning and she gave me a breakfast to-go in a bag. It was things like this that made this hotel great! I consistently experienced five star service. Overall, stay here if you are looking for a nice quite place in Chiang Mai and great service for a reasonable price!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth B
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

On a recent trip to Southeast Asia, my husband had to have emergency surgery in Saigon. When he got out of the hospital, we carried on to Thailand. Our first stop was Chiang Mai. As soon as we arrived at the Pak Chiang Mai, we were treated with kindness and understanding. The owners and staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and accommodated any request to make my husband more comfortable. We even had fresh flowers with a get well card waiting in our room. The property is amazing. When you enter through the gate, you walk into a serene garden and feel like you're in paradise. The decor steps you back in time -- Thailand time -- while offering all the modern amenities. The on-site restaurant makes it very convenient to enjoy delicious Thai cuisine. And the convenience of walking around to see the many temples can't be beat, especially when you follow it up with a Thai message in the hotel's garden house. If going to Chiang Mai, treat yourself with a stay at Pak Chiang Mai.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Pak Chiang Mai for 4 nights and we were very satisfied and impressed with this little cozy and green place had offered us. Firstly, this place is secluded but not far from the main road. You wouldn't notice that it's a hotel because it doesn't feel like a typical hotel..it's like home away from home. Located within the Old Town itself, restaurants and cafes are within walking distance. You won't go hungry. Night markets are nearby and if you need to go beyond the Old Town, you can easily get Tuk-Tuk or Songthaew (red pick up truck) from the main road.

Rates are affordable and breakfast is included. I LOVE their HOMEMADE YOGURT. THIS IS HOW YOGURT SHOULD TASTE LIKE! The coffee really made my day.

The staffs are helpful and polite. O and Noon helped us with the map and were knowledgeable about the area and very accommodating with our requests.

We booked their standard room and I'm impressed that they took the time to put a note reminding us to help them to save energy and waste. Don't forget to check out their body wash and shampoo. Good stuffs!

No TV in the room which is a good move, because who needs TV when you are in Chiang Mai? If you need TV, then this place is not for you.

Room Tip: you'll get cheaper rates when you stay longer, minimum 3 nights.