“central location”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good vegan food .Pretty presentation,small portions. Do get a table upstairs.If you are out Suthep road , I like Pun Pun at Wat Suan Dok more.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

there are better veg options in CM! The people were not that friendly and the food was not what you expected. Quiet expensive because you're near Thapae Gate...

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My partner and I just visited Chiang Mai, and Thailand in general, for the first time. We went to Aum twice, and would have gone more times had we been in town longer. We had a very traditional Christmas dinner there: seaweed salad, pumpkin maki sushi, their high-omega dish (beets, broccoli, mushrooms, and brown rice), as well as lemongrass tea and a beet-carrot juice. The day before we had beers, a veggie burger, and their steamed veggies with their cashew dipping sauce on the side. Everything was very yummy, and the space is awesome--you sit on little triangular pillows and eat from the very short tables. There is a garden growing nearby, and they do cooking classes, too, of which we will have to take part in next time!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We really enjoyed several meals at Aum Cafe during our stay in Chiang Mai. Make sure to sit upstairs to enjoy a seriously relaxing experience. I'm a vegetarian so I enjoyed their wide selection of delicious dishes! Friendly staff, prompt service, great location.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Being a vegan in Chiang Mai was easy due to the many vegetarian restaurants in Chiang Mai. Aum was one of my favorites.

I ha 3 separate meals here and loved it. The outside of the restaurant didn't look quite inviting (darkened windows) but the service and the food was great.

This place is frequented by foreigners, in fact I did not see a single Thai the times I was there. I loved the Khao Soi, it is difficult to find a vegetarian version of this dish. I also had the Tofu maki with cashew nut sauce, which was good.

On my last day in Chiang Mai, they even packed paper plates for my takeaway after finding out that I was going to board the train to Bangkok that evening. Such great service!