“Sign says best curry.....”

Aroon (Rai) Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 2,786 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Reviews brought us here. Disappointing. Big menu. No alcohol til after 5pm. I had khao soi. Not the best. Weak to no curry flavor. Chicken dry. Wife had a shrimp soup, Tom yum goon, not good she said. She is Thai.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

I have read "the best curry of Chiang Mai" but it's just a thai food restaurant like others hundred and hundred available in Chiang Mai

The restaurant in just on the street / road, simple, fast, good but not a special place in Chiang Mai

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018

I have eaten here twice now. I will be going back again. I find the food to be very good. However it is been extremely busy each time I have been in there. The first time I got the last table in the restaurant. A server brought me a menu and I ordered a large Chang beer after about 10 minutes the woman looked over and saw that I did not have a beer. She looks very embarrassed and immediately grabbed one and brought it to me apologizing. I then put my order in. I got a northern pork curry which was very good (lots of ginger) and frog with garlic pepper. After the initial snafu the server checked my table constantly by looking over at me or walking by. And when she saw I was almost out of beer I got another one, brought by a different girl. The second time there were only three open tables. The same server was there and this time my service was good. However because it was so busy again, I don’t ask a lot of questions when a place is being slammed, I ordered at random. I had morning glory with pork and a squid appetizer. Both are very good. My beer was never empty. They also have a whole page in the menu only in Thai. Prices are inexpensive and portions are sized so that one person can eat three dishes. I like to try many different things so this works for me. I would like to be in there when it was not so busy so I could ask more questions about the food. There were not a lot of western tourists in here. There were also many large parties where many dishes were ordered. I always feel jealous when I see that because I want to try everything they ordered too. I would love to go here with someone who spoke Thai and English. My google app doesn’t translate Thai from the scan.

Reviewed December 13, 2018

Plus points: very tasty Khao Soi, quick and efficient service, cheap as chips. Minus points: Khao Soi is usually served with a small side dish of pickled cabbage, red onion and lime wedge, the don’t do that here.

1  Thank sandgrownun18
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough about how Great the food is here. Real thai food, very reasonably priced. I ate here 4 times in 2 days as it was that good
Dave Mc