“dinner in CM”

Ranked #17 of 96 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Great Thai, Western, and English food - Open Everyday 0800 to 2200,
Winchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dinner in CM”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Tuppenny will always great you with a beautiful smile and enthusiastic welcome and her lovely staff will serve you with a delight of Thai to Western with yummy mashed potato. I am remembering a lovely cup of real ginger and honey to go to bed with.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank elixirsmoothie

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
“Way overrated, mediocre at best.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was the most disappointing food we had in Chiang Mai- boring, bland with very little effort put in. The omelette we had was just that-eggs on a plate, pretty half-assed, my smoothie was icy, truly uninspiring. There are several other options within a five minute walk from here in the old city if you want a western breakfast/smoothie bar feeling (Angels Secrets is just up the alley and is fabulous, Blue Diamond is also close and is fully organic with gluten free delicious baking), I honestly don't know why anyone would go to this place more than once. Its not particularly good, its certainly not cheaper, and every similar place in Chiang Mai old city has similar amenities (books available, free wifi, open air dining); this place is seriously coasting on its strangely good reputation. It doesnt deserve it.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank ellietown
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were first time visitors to Thailand or indeed anywhere west of Europe, so there was a bit of a "culture adjustment" that had to be endured before we could truly enjoy the place.

I preface with that only because this place is tucked down a small side road ("soi's" I belive they're called) and is the equivalent in layout to a breakfast caff or pie and mash shop in my native London, please don't expect the Ritz.

The service is though as attentive as it can be and the food is of more than decent quality - but the price.! My wife and I shared a starter and had three mains shared between the two of us and had two cold beers each. It came to around 7 pounds (350 baht). While one should never review solely on the basis of cost, this was just ridiculous for the quantity and quality of the fare consumed.

Five stars all the way from us.

• Visited November 2012
“Perfect!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed next door and the peppermint was my basis for good breakfast, dinner , a white wine and a Nice chat! I would recommand this place!!!

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Friendly Feeling”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I visit Chiangmai on average 4 times a year partly on business and partly to visit my adopted family, and I never leave without visiting the Peppermint Cafe, infact I would rather eat there than in the 5 star hotels. The menue is extensive, Thai / western dishes and the service is good. There has always been a friendly atmosphere. I think it speakes for itself when when you meet " ferangs " that live in Chiangmai and they frequent the Peppermint on a regular basis.
Thank you, and see you again on my next visit. David

• Visited November 2012